Through this qualification, students have the opportunity to not only learn techniques to help them lead a successful, high performance team, but also to develop their professional competence through improved communication planning and time management skills.
Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level provide leadership, guidance and support to others. They also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of their team.
They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
12 months maximum
Mode of delivery:
Blended learning - a blended approach to learning bringing together AIM's innovative online learning platform, AIM Connect, and the dedicated support of our expert facilitators.
Pay up-front or defer all or part of the tuition fee. If deferring, choose from flexible repayments with AIM's finance partner zipMoney or a government loan through VET FEE-HELP.
Student Entry Criteria:
Entry into this course is subject to meeting criteria described in AIM's student entry procedure.
Qualification Awarded by:
Australian Institute of Management Education & Training Pty Ltd, RTO Code 0049
This Training is subsidised by the NSW Government. Please see AIM's Smart and Skilled page for more details.
The Certificate IV in Leadership and Management is made up of 12 units, hand-selected by AIM to shape a qualification that is well-rounded and encompasses a range of management topics. These 12 units are as follows:
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBMGT402 Implement operational plans
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
- BSBREL401 Establish networks
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
- BSBCUS401 - Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBFIA402 Report on financial activity
What will I learn through completion of this qualification?
Develop your leadership and management skills
- Identify your leadership style to adapt your approach to suit different situations and team needs
- Use your strengths to your advantage in leading the team
- Apply leadership behaviours that motivate and inspire
- Translate organisational vision into meaningful team goals
- Identify your team’s stage of development and adjust your leadership style to support that stage
Improve your communication skills and become a coach to your team
- Collaborate with team members in the decision making process
- Involve your team in problem solving supported by coaching
Support and manage your team to maximise performance
- Monitor performance against plans
- Formulate and communicate the purpose, direction and goals of your team
- Evaluate your team’s culture and action strategies to develop a high performance team
- Identify processes and issues that help and hinder contributions
Develop your own professional skills
- Set personal and work goals
- Plan for and execute priorities
- Apply time and task management techniques
- Develop and maintain professional competence
Set operational and team plans
- Develop and implement operational plans
- Plan for and allocate resources
- Develop contingency plans
Facilitate meetings to achieve desired outcomes
- Identify essential elements in preparing and conducting productive meetings
- Establish a plan and process to achieve desired meeting outcomes
- Conduct focused and time-efficient meetings
- Develop tactics to improve contributions and achieve desired meeting outcomes
- Apply facilitation skills for discussions, problem solving and resolution of issues
- Develop guidelines for meaningful agendas and minutes
Understand and manage workplace health and safety
A member of our team will be in touch shortly or if you prefer
to talk to someone now, please phone 1300 658 337.
AIM Client Services team