Academic Program Manager
The AIM Business School is part of the Australian Institute of Management Education and Training (AIMET) and is grounded in over 76 year successful history of AIM.
AIM Business School is an established TEQSA accredited higher education provider, offering postgraduate courses (Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, and MBA) to working professionals, currently primarily to domestic students via online, blended, and face-to-face delivery.
The Academic Program Manager reports to the Head of AIM Business School.
Below are the duties required,
- Provide leadership in course development, curriculum design, development, implementation, and evaluation
- Manage academic staff in line with ABS’s policy and procedures, utilising sound human resource skills including succession planning, communication and human capital management
- Responsible for arranging the recruitment and selection of appropriately qualified and experienced academic and professional staff
- Provide specialist advice to ensure that academic activities are conducted effectively and efficiently by Academic staff
- Ensure that a pool of suitably qualified academic staff are available each trimester to ensure continued teaching delivery
- Responsible for the allocation of academic staff timetable scheduling based on course offerings and viability.
- Undertake a minimum lecturing load of three units per academic year as negotiated with the Head of Faculty.
- Encourage and support academic staff to undertake scholarly activity and professional development that informs learning and teaching in their discipline areas
- Monitor and analyse unit performance including pass rates, supplementary and deferred assessment rates, and failure rates
- Monitor the current Teaching and Learning Plan to enact identified key priority items related to various academic operational areas as designated
- Undertake peer review and performance management of the academic team to ensure quality learning and teaching
- Oversee key academic functions such as promoting and maintaining a high standard of academic integrity as well as review of moderation, assessment briefs and unit outlines, etc. in accordance with ABS policy and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Science, preferably at doctoral level, are required, as is considerable academic management experiences in tertiary academic institutes.
We're all about connecting people and organisations with learning. Scentia's culture is at the heart of our success, and is underpinned by the core purpose and behaviours that are an integral part of our organisational DNA.
If you are driven by the opportunity to grow individuals and organisations through education, seek to impress clients with every interaction, are engaged and solutions oriented, you'll fit right in to our award winning team.