Junior Graphic Designer
About the Business:
The Australian Institute of Management (AIM) empowers individuals and organisations to adapt and thrive in the face of relentless change. Since 1941, AIM has supported Australia’s workforce through the provision of innovative and industry-focused education solutions. Our portfolio of short courses, qualifications, and higher education is constantly evolving to ensure we are best positioned to support our customers
We are looking for an enthusiastic Junior Graphic Designer to join our team. In this role, you should be highly creative with a sharp eye for detail. If you’re passionate about design and eager to learn more, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately your goal will be to support the Head of Brand and Design and the wider Marketing Team to produce impactful design that captures and promotes our company vision.
Please note that this is a full-time, on-site role based at Circular Quay.
- Assist the Head of Brand and Design to deliver impactful and successful creative for all campaigns and projects.
- Coordinating and liaising with internal stakeholders
- Resizing artwork to create channel optimised, best-practice creative
- Producing variations of creative for continual testing and refinement.
- Building, optimising and ongoing management of landing pages
- Ensure consistency across all materials created and produced in accordance with brand guidelines
- Assist with designing marketing collateral for flyers, brochures, digital signage, online advertising, etc
- Holds a qualification and/or 1-2 years of experience in Graphic Design
- Skills and proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, etc)
- Skills and proficiency in MS Office (Word and Powerpoint, etc)
- Experience working with HTML, Marketo and Unbounce desirable but not essential
- Exceptional creativity, innovation, and imagination with a good understanding of colour, form and layout
- Strong layout design and typography skills with a demonstrated portfolio of work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Has a desire to learn and develop your skills
- A good eye for detail, commitment to quality and the ability to at times take on repetitive tasks and remain focused
- The ability to work from a brief to a deadline and be self-motivated
What we offer in return:
- Mentoring from the Head of Brand and Design
- An interesting and varied role
- A generous starting salary
- Comfortable and friendly working environment.
- Company Events
We're all about connecting people and organisations with learning. AIM's culture is at the heart of our success, and is underpinned by the core purpose and behaviours that are an integral part of our organisational DNA.
If you would like to be part of our team, please apply with a covering letter outlining why you would like to work with us, as well as a link to your portfolio or samples of your work. Applications submitted without these will not be considered.