BHP Programs Delivered at AIM
This website allows contractor enrolments into the BMA Two Day Core Induction or to book a computer at an AIM campus to complete LMS learning.
E-Learning can be completed elsewhere; an AIM e-learning booking is for people that do not have computer access or require support from a computer literacy perspective.
Need to request a training profile?
Visit the BHP Contractor Website:
I have an LMS ID & email*:
*The student's email address must be unique and active, generic emails will be rejected.
The Contractor Admin will request a training profile for the contractor and receive approval confirmation. The contractor will be provided their LMS ID and password.
Identifying Training Needs If a BMA Two Day Core Induction (2DC) or access to an e-learning lab is required a booking will be made through this website.
The AIM BHP Support team will confirm payment has been received or PO is valid and send the training confirmation to the email provided during the enrolment process.
The BHP contractor will receive a course confirmation and will attend AIM on the applicable date/s.
The AIM BHP Support team will facilitate the 2DC and/or provide computer access to e-learners. AIM will advise BHP of 2DC attendance for temporary gate access to be arranged.
The BHP contractor will now have temporary access to site to complete the assessment requirements. When assessment is passed gate access will be amended to reflect competency achieved.
Identify Training Needs
Two Day Core Induction Process
1. Identify Training Needs
Does the contractor have a Statement of Attainment for Conduct Local Risk Control RIIRIS201 (A, B or D versions)?
NO: Enrol via AIM website for BMA Two Day Core Induction.
YES: Provide SOA to BHP Training Support for upload, 2DC enrolment not required.
2. Enrol In Session at AIM
Follow AIM enrolment process to confirm a place at a 2DC Induction in Blackwater, Brisbane, Mackay or Moranbah.
3. Attend Program
Contractor attends program and completes classroom learning. AIM advise BHP of attendance for temporary site access code to be assigned.
4. On Site Assessment
Upon successful completion AIM will provide BHP with attainment details to be loaded to Global LMS. *
Contractor submits assessment to AIM via email or through the Site Systems Administrator.
Contractor attends site and completes assessment requirements with the support of an Appointed Supervisor or Trainer and Assessor.
AIM will post Statement of Attainment to the student.
* If assessment result is not yet competent AIM will notify site systems team via email that a resubmission is required.
Booking an e-learning session
1. Identify Training Needs
Does the contractor require access to a computer or computer literacy support to complete units on LMS?
YES: Enrol in an e-learning session at AIM for $100.00
NO: LMS Learning can be completed at a location of choice on own device with no fee applicable.
Follow AIM enrolment process to confirm a seat in an e-learning session in Blackwater, Brisbane, Mackay or Moranbah.
3. Attend Program
Contractor brings LMS ID and password to session and completes e-learning.
AIM will not be able to provide login details. AIM will assist with computer literacy support needs.
BMA Core Course Information
The BMA Core Induction covers the following content:
- The BHP Charter, Code of Conduct and Life Saving Rules
- Introduction to BHP Billiton and the mine to market process
- Health, safety and environment expectations
- Workplace hazards, legal obligations, building a safety culture, Fitness for Work
- BMA Safe, Job Safety Analysis and incident reporting
Delivery Mode and Inclusions
Location: On Campus
Duration: 2 Days face to face
Morning Tea, Lunch and Afternoon Tea provided
Outline of Assessment Requirements:
- Assessment must be completed on a BMA Mine Site within 12 months of attending the program
- The assessment is designed to put the classroom learnings into practise in your applicable work environment.
- The assessment will be conducted with the support of an authorised supervisor/ trainer and assessor
- The assessment cannot be completed elsewhere
- The BMA Core assessment involves:
- Participating in a JSA on site
- Completing a BMA Safe on site
- Reviewing the JSA through a Work Skills Validation form
- Assessments can be submitted through the Site Systems Team or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including Site Systems in the submission
Statement of Attainment
Upon attendance of program and successful completion of assessment requirements a Statement of Attainment will be issued, via post.
The Statement of Attainment will contain the below units of competency:
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIIGOV201D Comply with site work processes/procedures
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIERR205D Apply initial response first aid
- RIIERR302D Respond to local emergencies and incidents
Two Day BMA Core Induction - $600.00
Supported E-Learning Session - $100.00
Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
Purchase order Purchase order bookings must be set up with AIM prior to placing bookings
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change a booking?
Email email@example.com with your request.
3 business days’ notice is required to reschedule or cancel Core Inductions or E-Learning Sessions
Failure to provide adequate notice will result in re-booking and payment of this course.
I won’t be working on a BMA mine site should I still complete this course?
The BMA Core Induction is not a generic induction. This program has been designed to meet BMA requirements. Do not attend this program unless you are a BMA employee or a contractor who is currently or who will be required to work at BMA.
27 Iridium Drive
Paget, QLD 4740
Level 1, 18 Bacon Street
Moranbah, QLD 4744
Blackwater International Coal Centre
Blackwater, QLD 4717
Level 9, 295 Ann Street
Brisbane, QLD 4000