“For somebody new to the industry that I’m in, the wealth of knowledge I gained from the AIM facilitators is invaluable.”
Advanced Communication - Online
For anyone who needs to present and debate ideas in the workplace, this one-day course delivers a valuable confidence-boosting toolkit. Gain the skills to communicate, discuss and debate intricate or controversial ideas in a clear and compelling way. Harness your critical thinking skills and learn strategies to successfully engage others while you deliver ideas with influence and impact.
Is this course right for you?
If you often need to communicate ideas in the workplace, this course will give you the skills to build compelling arguments, recognise deceptive reasoning and communicate complex ideas.
Upon completion of this course you will be better equipped to:
- Articulate, present and debate ideas in the context of your work or broader life experiences, using creative techniques to provoke response, reaction and critical discussion
- Distil key themes, messages and positions to aid clarity of presentation
- Explore the ways that storytelling can be used to communicate ideas
- Debate and argue substantiated positions on ideas while being open to critical analysis
- Identify and participate in conversations that challenge and explore concepts and generate new ideas
Online course – 5 modules
Learning online gives you the flexibility to study when you want, where you want, with 24/7 access to learning modules.
Activities, reflections and case studies throughout the modules link your learning back to your workplace.
myAIM is a state-of-the-art online learning management system that offers a community approach to self-directed study and provides students with the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas and questions through features such as live chat forums and integrated social media platforms.
Want to study on-campus?
If you wish to study on-campus with AIM please contact a Senior Training Advisor at 1300 658 337.
- Up to 6 months continuous access to myAIM.
- Downloadable course notes.
- Downloadable tools and resources.
Please note that the AIM online Short Courses are non-accredited and there is no assessment.
Our Course Design
AIM learning designers are experienced managers with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to develop relevant learning on the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to accessing the online short course. Payment can only be made via Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex).
Login Restriction Statement
Unique log-in details are provided to each student. Students must not share their log in details with other students.