Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
Develop a Compelling Business Case
Bringing ideas to life can be challenging, but a watertight business case will give them the best chance of success. This one-day course offers a step-by-step approach to putting together a strong business case – including analysing alternatives, timeframes, costs, risks and an implementation plan – and provides tips on effectively showcasing your recommendation for maximum viability.
Is this course right for you?
If your current or future role requires you to develop business cases for senior executives or board approval, then this is the ideal course for you.
Upon completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Understand the purpose and content of a business case as it applies in different contexts
- Apply industry-best practice steps for developing a business case that explains rationale to senior leaders and stakeholders
- Quantify the various benefits of undertaking a project or task and interpret the appropriate financial data including costs, budgets and estimates for completion
- Develop strong, multi-dimensional and objective-driven submissions that drive consistent rates of approval and are presented in an appropriate format
On-Campus Workshop – 1 days face-to-face workshop
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
- Comprehensive course notes
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Internet Access
Please advise AIM when booking if you have any dietary or accessibility requests.
Please note that prices for AIM short courses do not include assessment.
AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
Our motto: By managers, for managers.Payment Options
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order
- Payment Plan - zipMoney
If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options. For more information on this, visit Zip Money
Meet Joanna Aarnautovic a recent AIM graduate. Having undertaken a university degree, Joanna was looking to gain greater specialist skills to enable faster career progression and workplace relevant training. Through her AIM course Joanna obtained the practical skills she needed to progress in her role. AIM’s flexible study and personalised support ensured she felt confident in completing her studies. Here’s her story:
"The facilitators are so knowledgeable.
That’s why I would recommend AIM."