Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
Ethics and Governance
This two-day course is designed to improve your understanding of ethical behaviour at both individual and organisational levels. Focusing on interpreting legislation, policies and procedures to make ethical decisions, this course will explore how to promote ethical standards and foster integrity. You’ll also discover practical strategies for managing potential conflicts of interest in the workplace.
Is this course right for you?
If you’re either in the public sector currently or you work alongside the public sector and you have responsibility for ethical conduct and organisational governance, this course is essential.
Upon completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Promote ethical standards by discussing their interpretation with senior staff to ensure common understanding while explaining to others the ethical obligations of the public service and the consequences of unethical conduct
- Give ethical, lawful and reasonable directions to staff, using personal work practices, to provide a consistent example of desired ethical conduct while developing ethical team values through collaboration and leadership
- Monitor and report on compliance with legislative requirements and address inadequacies in workplace procedures which contribute to non-compliance
On-Campus Workshops – 2 days face-to-face workshops
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
- Comprehensive course notes
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Internet Access
Please advise AIM when booking if you have any dietary or accessibility requests.
Please note that prices for AIM short courses do not include assessment.
AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
Our motto: By managers, for managers.Payment Options
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order
- Payment Plan - zipMoney
If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options. For more information on this, visit Zip Money
Gunnar Habitz is a recent AIM graduate of an advanced diploma. After starting his career as an international sales manager, he enrolled with AIM to progress his management and leadership skills. Although based in Switzerland, he travelled to Sydney for 3 months to complete the face-to-face diploma. Searching for the highest quality management information available in Australia, he eventually chose AIM. Here’s his story.
"At AIM I had opportunities to network with others to discuss my assessments."