Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
Finance for Non-Finance Managers - Online
Managers and leaders who have an understanding of their organisation’s financial position feel more confident in their business decision-making. This online short course offers a practical guide to analysing financial data and understanding the implications of financial performance. It introduces all aspects of financial management from planning through to budget review and reporting on financial outcomes.
Is this course right for you?
If you’re a manager with responsibility for planning, managing and reporting on budgets and financial indicators, or you wish to deepen your knowledge of business finance, this is the ideal course for you.
Upon completion of this course you will be better equipped to:
- Analyse previous financial data to establish areas which have generated a profit or loss and establish critical initiatives that will require resources in the next financial cycle
- Use previous financial data to determine allocations for resources, make informed estimates of new items for inclusion and prepare budgets in accordance with statutory requirements
- Ensure the structure and format of financial reports are clear in order to identify significant issues and prepare recommendations to ensure the ongoing financial viability of your organisation
Online course – 6 modules
Learning online gives you the flexibility to study when you want, where you want, with 24/7 access to learning modules.
Activities, reflections and case studies throughout the modules link your learning back to your workplace.
myAIM is a state-of-the-art online learning management system that offers a community approach to self-directed study and provides students with the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas and questions through features such as live chat forums and integrated social media platforms.
Want to study on-campus?
If you wish to study on-campus with AIM please contact a Senior Training Advisor at 1300 658 337.
- Up to 6 months continuous access to myAIM.
- Downloadable course notes.
- Downloadable tools and resources.
Please note that the AIM online Short Courses are non-accredited and there is no assessment.
Our Course Design
AIM learning designers are experienced managers with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to develop relevant learning on the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to accessing the online short course. Payment can only be made via Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex).
Login Restriction Statement
Unique log-in details are provided to each student. Students must not share their log in details with other students.
"Learning with AIM is so practical and relevant to what I’m doing at work on a day-to-day basis."