Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
You are here
Introduction to Accounting
The function of accounting in any organisation is to closely monitor the movement of funds in order to determine the financial health of a business and identify ways of increasing profitability. This short course covers the accounting requirements for Australian businesses, describes key accounting concepts and provides the basic skills required to interpret and report on financial activity.
Is this course right for you?
If you're looking to gain a better understanding of accounting concepts and how to evaluate financial data, but don't have an accounting or financial background, this is the ideal course for you.
Upon completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Collect and analyse financial data to ensure consistency, quality and accuracy while identifying discrepancies, unusual features or queries
- Correctly record income and expenditure to ensure compliance with statutory requirements while ensuring that statements take full advantage of available benefits
- Provide recommendations to enhance the effectiveness of functions and prioritise significant issues in statements including comparative financial performances for review
- Ensure the structure and format of reports are clear and conform to organisational and statutory requirements
On-Campus Workshops – 2 days face-to-face workshops
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
- Comprehensive course notes
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Internet Access
Please advise AIM when booking if you have any dietary or accessibility requests.
Please note that prices for AIM short courses do not include assessment.
AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
Our motto: By managers, for managers.Payment Options
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order
- Payment Plan - zipMoney
If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options. For more information on this, visit Zip Money
Gunnar Habitz is a recent AIM graduate of an advanced diploma. After starting his career as an international sales manager, he enrolled with AIM to progress his management and leadership skills. Although based in Switzerland, he travelled to Sydney for 3 months to complete the face-to-face diploma. Searching for the highest quality management information available in Australia, he eventually chose AIM. Here’s his story.
“AIM works for people who need to combine working life with study.”