"Learning with AIM is so practical and relevant to what I’m doing at work on a day-to-day basis."
Introduction to Accounting - Online
The function of accounting in any organisation is to closely monitor the movement of funds in order to determine the financial health of a business and identify ways of increasing profitability. This online short course covers the accounting requirements for Australian businesses, describes key accounting concepts and provides the basic skills required to interpret and report on financial activity.
Is this course right for you?
If you’re looking to gain a better understanding of accounting concepts and how to evaluate financial data, but don’t have an accounting or financial background, this is the ideal course for you.
Upon completion of this course you will be better equipped to:
- Collect and analyse financial data to ensure consistency, quality and accuracy while identifying discrepancies, unusual features or queries
- Correctly record income and expenditure to ensure compliance with statutory requirements while ensuring that statements take full advantage of available benefits
- Provide recommendations to enhance the effectiveness of functions and prioritise significant issues in statements including comparative financial performances for review
- Ensure the structure and format of reports are clear and conform to organisational and statutory requirements
Online course – 5 modules
Learning online gives you the flexibility to study when you want, where you want, with 24/7 access to learning modules.
Activities, reflections and case studies throughout the modules link your learning back to your workplace.
myAIM is a state-of-the-art online learning management system that offers a community approach to self-directed study and provides students with the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas and questions through features such as live chat forums and integrated social media platforms.
Want to study on-campus?
If you wish to study on-campus with AIM please contact a Senior Training Advisor at 1300 658 337.
- Up to 6 months continuous access to myAIM.
- Downloadable course notes.
- Downloadable tools and resources.
Please note that the AIM online Short Courses are non-accredited and there is no assessment.
Our Course Design
AIM learning designers are experienced managers with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to develop relevant learning on the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to accessing the online short course. Payment can only be made via Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex).
Login Restriction Statement
Unique log-in details are provided to each student. Students must not share their log in details with other students.