Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
Planning is the key to an organisation achieving its goals. However, translating high-level plans into realistic and workable budgets can be a challenge. This one-day course introduces the main concepts involved in the planning and implementation of budgets, and provides insight into important aspects of managing team budgets and financial plans including accurate reporting, monitoring and financial performance review.
Is this course right for you?
This is an essential course for you and your career if you’re responsible for a team or department budget, or you’re simply looking to learn more about the financial side of business management.
Upon completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Clarify financial plans within your organisation to ensure that documented outcomes are achievable and contingency plans are prepared appropriately
- Disseminate details of the financial plans while providing support to ensure that team members can competently manage finances where required
- Implement processes for monitoring expenditure and controlling costs in order to implement contingency plans as required to maintain financial objectives
- Collect data on the effectiveness of financial management processes and recommend improvements in line with the objectives of your organisation
On-Campus Workshop – 1 day face-to-face workshop
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
- Comprehensive course notes
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Internet Access
Please advise AIM when booking if you have any dietary or accessibility requests.
Please note that prices for AIM short courses do not include assessment.
AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
Our motto: By managers, for managers.Payment Options
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order
- Payment Plan - zipMoney
If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options. For more information on this, visit Zip Money
Gunnar Habitz is a recent AIM graduate of an advanced diploma. After starting his career as an international sales manager, he enrolled with AIM to progress his management and leadership skills. Although based in Switzerland, he travelled to Sydney for 3 months to complete the face-to-face diploma. Searching for the highest quality management information available in Australia, he eventually chose AIM. Here’s his story.
“AIM works for people who need to combine working life with study.”