Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
A successful meeting delivers meaningful outcomes without being an unwelcome disruption to the day. This short course explores what it takes to plan and lead an effective, engaging and productive meeting. By exploring the factors that influence a meeting's outcomes, you’ll learn how to structure your meetings strategically, manage the time wisely, facilitate discussion and achieve and report on clear results.
Is this course right for you?
Anyone required to plan and lead meetings focused on positive outcomes will find this course essential for enhancing this vital career skill.
Upon completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Identify the type of meeting being organised, including any legal or ethical requirements, and make meeting arrangements in accordance with participants’ requirements
- Prepare a meeting agenda and take notes with the required speed and accuracy to ensure an accurate record of the meeting
- Chair and conduct meetings to ensure they’re focused, time efficient and achieve the required outcomes
- Check notes to ensure they reflect an accurate record of the meeting and distribute follow-up documentation within designated timelines
On-Campus Workshop – 1 day face-to-face workshop
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
- Comprehensive course notes
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Internet Access
Please advise AIM when booking if you have any dietary or accessibility requests.
Please note that prices for AIM short courses do not include assessment.
AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
Our motto: By managers, for managers.Payment Options
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order
- Payment Plan - zipMoney
If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options. For more information on this, visit Zip Money
Gunnar Habitz is a recent AIM graduate of an advanced diploma. After starting his career as an international sales manager, he enrolled with AIM to progress his management and leadership skills. Although based in Switzerland, he travelled to Sydney for 3 months to complete the face-to-face diploma. Searching for the highest quality management information available in Australia, he eventually chose AIM. Here’s his story.
"The facilitators are so knowledgeable.
That’s why I would recommend AIM."