Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
You are here
Being able to negotiate effectively is a valuable skill in any situation. A good negotiator can build better relationships, deliver long-term solutions and avoid conflict. This two-day course offers insight into how to achieve win/win solutions. By exploring a variety of proven negotiation techniques and practical tools you’ll gain the skills needed to plan for, conduct and follow-up on business negotiations.
Is this course right for you?
This is an essential course if you’re a manager or professional who is required to take part in regular negotiations or if you're simply looking to develop your communication and influencing skills.
Upon completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Clarify the purpose of the negotiation and the issues under consideration while identifying the primary needs and desired outcomes of all parties
- Determine your organisation's position and devise a negotiation approach to communicate to staff involved in the negotiation team
- Use negotiation techniques to persuade the other party of the strength of the argument in favour of your organisation's position
- Select techniques for dealing with conflict or deadlocks in accordance with the negotiation plan and the progress of the negotiation
On-Campus Workshops – 2 days face-to-face workshops
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
- Comprehensive course notes
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Internet Access
Please advise AIM when booking if you have any dietary or accessibility requests.
Please note that prices for AIM short courses do not include assessment.
AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
Our motto: By managers, for managers.Payment Options
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order
- Payment Plan - zipMoney
If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options. For more information on this, visit Zip Money
Gunnar Habitz is a recent AIM graduate of an advanced diploma. After starting his career as an international sales manager, he enrolled with AIM to progress his management and leadership skills. Although based in Switzerland, he travelled to Sydney for 3 months to complete the face-to-face diploma. Searching for the highest quality management information available in Australia, he eventually chose AIM. Here’s his story.
"The facilitators are so knowledgeable.
That’s why I would recommend AIM."