“[People Matters] was very informative and I felt fortunate to have been involved. I really invested in the process and reaped many rewards.”
People Matters - Performance Conversations
Empowering others to achieve their best and understanding how to have effective performance conversations are critical skills for today’s leaders. This 1-day program takes a strengths-based approach to leadership and performance conversations. It builds the skills and confidence of supervisors through action learning. Participants will explore contemporary strategies to engage employees and help teams perform at their best.
Is this course right for you?
If you work within the Queensland public sector and are new to leading people, or if you are seeking a deeper understanding of strengths-based leadership then this program is for you. Developed by the Public Service Commission and delivered by AIM.
Upon completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Understand the role of managers in creating a positive culture for performance within their team
- Recognise the different kinds of performance conversations that take place across the performance practice cycle
- Understand the theoretical concepts that assist in conducting effective performance conversations and demonstrate the requisite skills to manage them
- Identify the most appropriate performance management conversation/s required for each member of their team
- Engage in ongoing reflection on the potential for their own biases and personal challenges in different kinds of performance conversations
On-Campus Workshop – 1 day face-to-face workshop (QLD only)
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
Continuing Your Leadership Journey
The 3-day People Matters course forms one of the first stages on the leadership roadmap for public servants outlined by the Public Service Commission.
People Matters Extension modules
Three extension modules are available as stand-alone 1-day workshops to develop specialist skills in:
Completing People matters is not a pre-requisite to undertaking extension modules.
- Comprehensive course notes
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Internet Access
Please advise AIM when booking if you have any dietary or accessibility requests.
Please note that prices for AIM short courses do not include assessment.
AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
Our motto: By managers, for managersPayment Options
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options. For more information on this, visit Zip Money