Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
Public Sector Service Delivery and Communication
Increase your ability to evaluate and report on all service levels, strategies and practices in this comprehensive two-day course. Explore communication techniques that will benefit the organisation in working relationships, both internally and externally. Plus, learn practical techniques for giving directions, managing meetings and designing professional presentations.
Is this course right for you?
If you’re currently working in or alongside the public sector and would like to improve your communication skills, this is the ideal course for you.
Upon completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Identify your clients’ specific needs to enable services to be effectively provided while seeking client feedback in order to respond to changing needs
- Undertake client service delivery in a manner that upholds and enhances the reputation of your organisation while also identifying problems in addressing client needs
- Use complex workplace communication for analysing and responding to opinions, presenting a convincing argument and developing a range of communication strategies
- Promote diversity within your organisation by providing input to strategies, policies and plans that attract, develop and promote a diverse workforce
On-Campus Workshops – 2 days face-to-face workshops
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
- Comprehensive course notes
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Internet Access
Please advise AIM when booking if you have any dietary or accessibility requests.
Please note that prices for AIM short courses do not include assessment.
AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
Our motto: By managers, for managers.Payment Options
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order
- Payment Plan - zipMoney
If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options. For more information on this, visit Zip Money
Gunnar Habitz is a recent AIM graduate of an advanced diploma. After starting his career as an international sales manager, he enrolled with AIM to progress his management and leadership skills. Although based in Switzerland, he travelled to Sydney for 3 months to complete the face-to-face diploma. Searching for the highest quality management information available in Australia, he eventually chose AIM. Here’s his story.
"At AIM I had opportunities to network with others to discuss my assessments."