Upon completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Understand the role of managers in creating a positive culture for performance within their team
- Recognise the different kinds of performance conversations that take place across the performance practice cycle
- Understand the theoretical concepts that assist in conducting effective performance conversations and demonstrate the requisite skills to manage them
- Identify the most appropriate performance management conversation/s required for each member of their team
- Engage in ongoing reflection on the potential for their own biases and personal challenges in different kinds of performance conversations
Upcoming Dates and Session Times for People Matters - Performance Conversations (Virtual)
Friday, May 29, 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM (AEST)
Continuing Your Leadership Journey
The People Matters virtual learning series forms one of the first stages on the leadership roadmap for public servants outlined by the Public Service Commission.
People Matters Extension modules
A virtual People matters extension module is available as a stand-alone series, designed to develop specialist skill in:
Completing People matters is not a pre-requisite to undertaking extension modules.
Virtual Classroom - Delivered in two 90 minute virtual sessions across 2 days
This course is delivered online through virtual classrooms where facilitators and students can present course materials, engage and interact with one another, and work in groups together. Sessions are hosted on Zoom, providing a live, synchronous setting with a facilitator and a support co-host.
Utilising highly accessible digital capabilities, AIM’s virtual learning series provides all the benefits of classroom workshops — working with peers, asking questions with immediate answers from facilitators, and stimulating deeper discussions — with the flexibility of online learning.
The key benefits of virtual study include being time efficient, with content delivered in bite-sized chunks, the ability to participate from any location, and the capability to be recorded for later review.
- Downloadable course notes
- Downloadable tools and resources
Students will require the following:
- Computer or mobile device
- An internet connection (broadband/4G+ recommended)
- Speakers and a microphone
- A webcam
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order
- Payment Plan - zipMoney
If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options. For more information on this, visit Zip Money
AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
Our motto: By managers, for managers.