Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
Designed for HR professionals and managers, this two-day course provides the skills, knowledge and credibility to manage complex workplace issues. By combining the legal context with the human face of people leadership, you will learn to develop robust and meaningful workplace policies and confidently manage challenging workforce relations.
Is this course right for you?
If you're an HR professional or people manager looking to learn more about effective management of workforce relations, this course is essential for your career.
Upon completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Manage employee and industrial relations matters in an organisation by developing appropriate policies and managing conflict resolution negotiations
- Communicate and implement industrial relations policies and procedures to effectively represent your organisation and employers
- Develop, implement and review guidelines and procedures for mediation within an organisation and conduct separate interviews with parties in disputes in order to clarify issues
- Deal with redeployment, resignation, retirement, dismissal and redundancy, including the conduct of exit interviews
On-Campus Workshops – 2 days face-to-face workshops
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
On-campus study option
The course structure for on-campus workshops delivery may vary slightly, so please speak with a Senior Training Advisor on 1300 658 337 or find out more about our on-campus study option.
- Comprehensive course notes
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Internet Access
Please advise AIM when booking if you have any dietary or accessibility requests.
Please note that prices for AIM short courses do not include assessment.
AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
Our motto: By managers, for managers.Payment Options
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order
- Payment Plan - zipMoney
If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options. For more information on this, visit Zip Money
Gunnar Habitz is a recent AIM graduate of an advanced diploma. After starting his career as an international sales manager, he enrolled with AIM to progress his management and leadership skills. Although based in Switzerland, he travelled to Sydney for 3 months to complete the face-to-face diploma. Searching for the highest quality management information available in Australia, he eventually chose AIM. Here’s his story.
"At AIM I had opportunities to network with others to discuss my assessments."