Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
Workplace Safety - Online
This online short course will provide a solid understanding of workplace safety standards and practices, including the Work Health and Safety legislation. Learn strategies for promoting awareness and cooperation among staff and gain the tools to create and implement an effective and sustainable work health and safety framework in your workplace including meaningful policies and procedures.
Is this course right for you?
This course is absolutely essential if you’re a manager, supervisor or a professional with the responsibility for monitoring or ensuring safety in your workplace.
Upon completion of this course you will be better equipped to:
- Accurately explain the relevant provisions of Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Acts, regulations and codes of practice while providing information about your organisation’s WHS policies, procedures and programs
- Communicate the importance of effective consultation mechanisms in managing WHS risks in the workplace
- Provide workplace learning opportunities and assistance to facilitate your organisation’s achievement of identified WHS training needs
- Accurately complete and maintain WHS records of incidents of occupational injury and disease at work, according to WHS policies, procedures and legislative requirements
Online course – 3 modules
Learning online gives you the flexibility to study when you want, where you want, with 24/7 access to learning modules.
Activities, reflections and case studies throughout the modules link your learning back to your workplace.
myAIM is a state-of-the-art online learning management system that offers a community approach to self-directed study and provides students with the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas and questions through features such as live chat forums and integrated social media platforms.
Want to study on-campus?
If you wish to study on-campus with AIM please contact a Senior Training Advisor at 1300 658 337.
- Up to 6 months continuous access to myAIM.
- Downloadable course notes.
- Downloadable tools and resources.
Please note that the AIM online Short Courses are non-accredited and there is no assessment.
Our Course Design
AIM learning designers are experienced managers with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to develop relevant learning on the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to accessing the online short course. Payment can only be made via Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex).
Login Restriction Statement
Unique log-in details are provided to each student. Students must not share their log in details with other students.
Gunnar Habitz is a recent AIM graduate of an advanced diploma. After starting his career as an international sales manager, he enrolled with AIM to progress his management and leadership skills. Although based in Switzerland, he travelled to Sydney for 3 months to complete the face-to-face diploma. Searching for the highest quality management information available in Australia, he eventually chose AIM. Here’s his story.
“AIM works for people who need to combine working life with study.”