“For somebody new to the industry that I’m in, the wealth of knowledge I gained from the AIM facilitators is invaluable.”
Even the smallest of businesses require expertise across a myriad of domains, such as accounting and personnel leadership. For many organisations, much of this expertise falls upon a single individual. Our Manage Business Effectively short course, facilitated by experienced industry practitioners based in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Adelaide, will provide you with the insight and knowledge to address the entirety of organisational processes and issues, enabling participants to recognise where improvements can be made and implement the required plans.
Upon completion of this business management course you’ll be able to:
- Create an environment that supports the application of innovative practice through a holistic approach to the integration of innovation across all areas of your organisation
- Lead and manage continuous improvement systems and processes
- Develop and monitor operational plans to provide efficient and effective workplace practices that improve your organisation’s productivity and profitability
- Undertake successful projects by planning, administering, and monitoring outcomes before reviewing the project to identify lessons learned
Our three-day Manage Business Effectively course will cover the entirety of end-to-end processes needed to deliver results while managing operations and driving continuous improvement.
The course will cover basics of how to Manage Business Effectively, including:
- Day-to-day analysis
- Importance of consultation mechanisms
- The recruitment process
- How to identify/select suppliers
- Writing business cases
Once you have an understanding of these core concepts, this course will investigate the means and methods of effectively managing business projects:
- The four phases of a project’s lifecycle
- How to initiate a project
- Identifying stakeholders
- Outlining scope and negotiating parameters
- Scheduling and budget
- Communication for team roles, risk management, and performance reporting
- Project evaluation
The final section of the course will examine methods for leaders to develop themselves and their organisation, such as:
- Benchmarks, standards, and awards
- Examining the Six Sigma process
- Tools and approaches of data collection
- Creating corporate culture
- Role-modelling ideal behaviours
Upcoming Dates for Manage Business Effectively
On-Campus Workshop – 3 days face-to-face workshops
Our Manage Business Effectively short course is set in interactive classrooms at one of our six campuses across Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, and Mackay. The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas, and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You will study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
This Leadership and Management course will present you with hypothetical and real-world case studies that demonstrate the concepts of effectively managing a business or organisation, with which you will perform practical tasks both individually and in teams to apply your knowledge gained about the overall facets involved in running a business.
- Comprehensive course notes
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Internet Access
Please advise AIM when booking if you have any dietary or accessibility requests.
Please note that prices for AIM short courses do not include assessment.
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order
- Payment Plan - zipMoney
If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options. For more information on this, visit Zip Money
AIM believes the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task and that these skills are best taught by those with current real-world experience. After all, who is better placed to teach business management than someone who has been an organisation leader for many years? It is for this reason that AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise.
In-House Training Solutions
Contextualising training engagements for your industry or organisation maximises relevance and increases the transfer of learning into the workplace. Develop team cohesion and achieve your specific business objectives through a shared, in-house learning solution.
AIM’s experienced learning designers develop both accredited and unaccredited learning engagements to build the critical competencies you need for success. Join over 500 organisations creating compelling and engaging AIM tailored learning solutions for industries including Government, Health, Financial Services, Mining, Manufacturing, Construction and more.