Welcome to the AIM Business School Alumni newsletter
Welcome to the first edition of the AIM Alumni newsletter. We’ve been working on bringing a more formal approach to interactions with our Alumni for some time and this newsletter will be the first part of a range of new initiatives designed to stimulate a vibrant alumni community amongst our AIM Business School Graduates.
I began my role with AIM Education and Training just over a year ago and in that time I’ve seen a great deal of change within the AIM Business School and the wider organisation of the Australian Institute of Management. As a nationwide provider of postgraduate business education, we’ve experienced a great deal of success over the past 18 months as we’ve grown our student cohort to more than 600 individual students right around Australia. Even more pleasing has been seeing the growing numbers of highly capable graduates within the AIM Alumni.
As well as receiving a clean bill of health from the higher education regulator, TEQSA, with unconditional approval for a further seven years of accreditation, our Academic Board under the Chair, Professor Danny Samson (University of Melbourne) has been strengthened and enhanced with further academic and industry membership and subcommittees in the areas of learning and teaching, course review, and research.
As a truly student focused business school, we’ve undertaken extensive work to ensure our facilities and infrastructure are as responsive and adaptable to the changing needs of our growing student cohort. This work has recently involved upgrading our IT systems, including the rollout of a new Learning and Management system. We’ve also recently changed venues in Adelaide and Brisbane to ensure our students in those cities have a more central and convenient location to attend classes.
As I mentioned, we’re embarking on a number of ambitious plans for the future which will be discussed in future newsletters but most importantly, we have a solid Alumni program for the rest of 2016 including:
- Launch this month of a designated AIM Alumni page on our website.
- A new series of webinars and podcasts throughout the year with Alumni and other senior management professionals.
- A new AIM Alumni quarterly newsletter.
- VIP invites for AIM Alumni to attend as guests at our graduations to welcome new graduands, network and catch up with Faculty members.
- Masterclasses from key local and international thought leaders, the first being on the topic of Leadership with Professor Ian Woodward from Insead, in Sydney and over videoconference to other states on September 14.
- Quarterly AIM Alumni events commencing in July across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide for networking with Alumni, Faculty and guest speakers, the first in July with Dr David Paul, an expert on Change Management.
I look forward to updating you further on the exciting developments for AIM Alumni in the weeks and months to come. I welcome your feedback and suggestions for a strong and vibrant AIM Alumni body and hope to see many of you at the events outlined above.
Professor Elizabeth More, AM, MAICD
Dean, Australian Institute of Management Business School