Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management PracticeQualificationCode:
BSB41515Duration:52 weeks/12 monthsStructure:9 Units
A successful project relies on the effectiveness of the entire project team. If you want to get a firm grasp of the principles of project management, this practical qualification will boost your confidence and help you become a vital part of any project team. Based around an industry leading project management methodology (PMBoK®), AIM’s BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice is the perfect way to learn project management skills that can be used in a wide variety of contexts.
Who should undertake this qualification?
Suitable for any industry or sector, this qualification will prepare you to become more involved in workplace projects by teaching you how to apply a recognised project management methodology. Offering a thorough grounding in project management, this qualification is great for members of project teams with no direct responsibility for overall project outcomes or small business operators.
Possible career outcomes*
Potential career pathways for graduates of this qualification include roles such as a Contracts Officer or Project Administrator. Previous graduates of this program have gone on to roles ranging from clerical and administrative positions through to professional and management roles across a wide variety of industries including Public Administration and Safety, Construction and Professional, Scientific and Technical Services.
*(As per data from the Australian Government Department of Education and Training as well as the National Centre for Vocational Education Research).
Units of Competency
These units of competency have been developed in consultation with industry experts along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to your role.
Core unit overview
- BSBPMG409 Apply project scope management techniques – identify objectives, deliverables, constraints, assumptions and outcomes, and apply controls.
- BSBPMG410 Apply project time management techniques – develop, maintain and evaluate project schedules.
- BSBPMG411 Apply project quality management techniques – contribute to quality planning, procedures and continuous improvement to enhance project outcomes.
Pre-selected elective unit overview
- BSBPMG412 Apply project cost management techniques – assist in producing a project budget, monitor expenditure and contribute to cost finalisation.
- BSBPMG413 Apply project human resources management approaches – understand staffing requirements, identify training needs and resolve conflict.
- BSBPMG414 Apply project information management and communications techniques – provide a critical link between people and information at all stages of the project.
- BSBPMG415 Apply project risk management techniques – plan for risk, control risk and review associated outcomes.
- BSBPMG416 Apply project procurement procedures – identify procurement requirements, supplier selection, and conduct procurement and finalisation activities.
- BSBPMG418 Apply project stakeholder engagement techniques – ensure timely involvement of key stakeholders throughout the project.
Assessments are completed in the student’s own time and may include practical exercises and evaluative tools.
To offer maximum flexibility for individuals and organisations, the BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice is available with the following study options:
On-Campus Workshops and Online Support – three days of on-campus workshops with additional self-paced study
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network. Additional study and assessment takes place outside the three days of face-to-face workshops.
Online Study and support through self-paced, online modules
Studying online has never been easier or more convenient than through AIM’s state-of-the-art virtual campus, MyAIM. You can take each step of your qualification at your own pace, connect with others in online forums, and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
If you have several people wanting to study the BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice, AIM can develop a program for your organisation including contextualising it to your own business or industry.
The course structure for each delivery mode may vary slightly, so please speak with a Senior Training Advisor on 1300 658 337.
Completing the BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice gives you the opportunity to explore further qualification opportunities such as the BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management.
For more information, speak to one of our Senior Training Advisors on 1300 658 337.
Entry requirements - There are no course prerequisites. To enrol in this course, you must be 18 years of age at time of enrolment; and demonstrate during the enrolment process that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course as described in the Student Entry Criteria. Students are required to have a unique email address.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification. Read more on Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer or call 1300 658 337.
How to Enrol - Click here for information about how to enrol and for our Student Entry Procedure.
Payment Options - Complete the enquiry form below or call 1300 658 337 to learn more about the following payment options and tuition fees.
- Pay upfront for the full cost of your qualification in one easy payment.
- Defer all or part of your tuition fees with flexible payment options through AIM's finance partner, zipMoney.
- Funding options may be available in your state, please contact us for more information.
Meet Sonja Becke, a recent AIM graduate and Visy employee. As Sonja was rising up the company ranks, AIM supported her throughout her career progression to give her the skills she needed to perform her new roles with confidence. AIM provided on-site flexible training which allowed Sonja and her colleagues to undertake training at their workplace. Here’s her story.
"I really enjoyed my experience with AIM. The course content was amazing."