Smart and Skilled 2018
This page contains information and links to information for students participating in the NSW Government's Smart and Skilled Program. The Program provides subsidised training for approved Qualifications for eligible students.
AIM is an approved Smart and Skilled provider listed on the Smart and Skilled website.
AIM has been approved to offer the following qualifications under the Smart and Skilled Targeted Priority program.
These qualifications are available for delivery across NSW:
- BSB40215- Certificate IV in Business
- BSB40615- Certificate IV in Business Sales
- BSB41515- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- BSB42015- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB50215- Diploma of Business
- BSB50615- Diploma of Human Resources Management
- BSB51415- Diploma of Project Management
- BSB51915- Diploma of Leadership and Management
- BSB61015- Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
To access subsidised training under Smart and Skilled a student must meet the eligibility criteria. Eligibility criteria are available on the Smart and Skilled website.
Enrolment in a Smart and Skilled Course
All students enrolling in a Smart and Skilled course must complete an online enrolment form. The enrolment form will be emailed to the student.
In addition to the enrolment form those students that are studying a Targeted Priority course are required to complete the following as part of a Notification of Enrolment process:
- Obtaining a student’s consent. AIM is required to obtain either verbally or in writing consent from a student to use and disclose a student’s personal information to the Department of Education and Communities and other government Agencies
- Obtaining a student declaration that the student has provided accurate and complete information, is aware of any subcontracting arrangements (if applicable) and has been provided with the Fee information relevant to their enrolment and all appropriate student information
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
All students enrolling in Smart and Skilled course will be required to supply a Unique Student Identifier (USI) and will be requested to do so on their enrolment form. More information can be found on the USI website.
Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer
All students are entitled to seek recognition of prior learning (RPL) as an alternative means of establishing competency for all or part of their course. Additionally AIM will recognise Statements of Attainment issued by other RTOs and will grant credit towards the Smart and Skilled qualifications for current and equivalent units of competency. For more information on AIM’s RPL and Credit process please visit: http://www.aim.com.au/training/rpl
Providers of Smart and Skilled courses, such as AIM, are paid partly by the NSW government and partly by the student or their employer. The 'Fee' component referred to below means that part of the payment to AIM that is made by the student or their employer.
On completion of an enrolment form and provision of any evidence required AIM will use the Smart and Skilled Provider Calculator to determine the Fee to be paid by the student. This will be advised to the student as part of the enrolment process.
Withdrawal with No Penalty
Students who wish to withdraw from their course without penalty must do so in accordance with the following policy:
- Diploma courses - students must notify AIM of their intention to withdraw before the 'census' date for the course. The census date occurs 20% of the way through the duration of the unit of study. AIM's fee schedules contain information on when the census date falls.
- Certificate IV courses - students must notify AIM a minimum of 10 business days from the start of their course
Students can have part of their fee refunded in the following circumstances:
- Where the student is gaining credit for previously completed accredited training. In such circumstances, the student will be refunded a pro rata amount based on the percentage of the course that the credit covers.
- Where AIM is no longer able to deliver Smart and Skilled training
- Where the student through circumstances beyond his/her control is unable to continue in the course - such as a medical condition, family/personal circumstances
Depending on circumstances students may be eligible for fee concessions of fee-free training. Students will need to supply evidence of their circumstances according to the Smart and Skilled Fee Administration Policy
The student Fee is payable by the student to AIM according to AIM’s Terms and Conditions
Withdrawing or Deferring your Course
Information for students about withdrawing from or deferring their course is available in AIM’s Terms and Conditions
Further information for students is available in the Student Handbook located on AIM's Student Information page.