Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
Applied Project Management
All projects rely on precise and effective teamwork for their success, yet each also has its unique set of managerial challenges. Aligned to industry competency standards, this three-day course is perfect for anyone involved in workplace projects. Providing an exploration of all aspects of the project management life cycle, from initiation and planning through to execution and closure, you'll learn how to manage for successful project outcomes.
Is this course right for you?
This course will suit you if you’re already involved in workplace projects or you have some experience in managing projects and are looking to transition to a project manager role.
Upon completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Contribute to the control of a project's scope by identifying objectives, constraints and outcomes
- Apply an agreed project schedule and evaluate the effectiveness of time management while applying quality management policies and procedures
- Monitor project expenditure, identify procurement requirements and assist with supplier selection
- Identify and address stakeholder needs through effective engagement practices
- Plan for, control and review any risks associated with the project and ensure timely and appropriate involvement of key individuals, organisations and groups
On-Campus Workshops – 3 days face-to-face workshops
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
- Comprehensive course notes
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Internet Access
Please advise AIM when booking if you have any dietary or accessibility requests.
Please note that prices for AIM short courses do not include assessment.
AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
Our motto: By managers, for managers.Payment Options
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order
- Payment Plan - zipMoney
If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options. For more information on this, visit Zip Money
Meet Sonja Becke, a recent AIM graduate and Visy employee. As Sonja was rising up the company ranks, AIM supported her throughout her career progression to give her the skills she needed to perform her new roles with confidence. AIM provided on-site flexible training which allowed Sonja and her colleagues to undertake training at their workplace. Here’s her story.
"I really enjoyed my experience with AIM. The course content was amazing."