The Performance conversations module will help you to:
- understand the role of manager in creating a positive culture for performance within a team
- recognise the different kinds of performance conversations that take place across the performance practice cycle
- understand the theoretical concepts that assist in conducting effective performance conversations and demonstrate the requisite skills to manage them
- identify the most appropriate performance management conversation/s required for individual team members
- reflect on any personal biases and challenges in conducting performance conversations.
Upcoming Dates and Session Times for People matters - Performance conversations (Virtual)
September 30, 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM (AEST)
October 26, 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM (AEST)
November 26, 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM (AEST)
December 14, 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM (AEST)
Continuing Your Leadership Journey
The People Matters virtual learning series forms one of the first stages on the leadership roadmap for public servants outlined by the Public Service Commission.
People Matters Extension modules
A virtual People matters extension module is available as a stand-alone series, designed to develop specialist skill in:
Completing People matters is not a pre-requisite to undertaking extension modules.
Virtual Classroom – Delivered in three 150-minute virtual sessions + pre-work
Performance conversations is delivered online through virtual classrooms where facilitators and students can present course materials, engage and interact with one another, and work in groups together. Sessions are hosted via Microsoft Teams, providing a live, synchronous setting with a facilitator and a support co-host.
The key benefits of virtual delivery include being time efficient and the ability to participate from any location.
- Downloadable course notes
- Downloadable tools and resources
Students will require the following:
- Computer or mobile device
- An internet connection (broadband/4G+ recommended)
- Speakers and a microphone
- A webcam
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order
- Payment Plan - zipMoney
If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options. For more information on this, visit Zip Money
AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
Our motto: By managers, for managers.