This course will help you to:
- Develop practical skills and confidence to manage people, performance and change
- Understand the responsibilities of a Queensland public sector team leader
- Apply the practical skills and knowledge you have developed to meet changing organisational and workforce needs
- Understand your leadership style and team dynamics to improve workplace engagement and productivity.
Continuing Your Leadership Journey
The People matters virtual learning series forms one of the first stages on the leadership roadmap for public servants outlined by the Public Service Commission.
People matters Extension modules
A virtual People matters extension module is available as a stand-alone series, designed to develop specialist skill in:
Completing People matters is not a pre-requisite to undertaking extension modules.
Virtual Classroom - Delivered in six 150-minute virtual sessions across three days
This course is delivered online through virtual classrooms where facilitators and students can present course materials, engage and interact with one another, and work in groups together. Sessions are hosted on Microsoft Teams, providing a live, synchronous setting with a facilitator and a support co-host.
Utilising highly accessible digital capabilities, AIM’s virtual learning series provides all the benefits of classroom workshops — working with peers, asking questions with immediate answers from facilitators, and stimulating deeper discussions — with the flexibility of online learning.
The key benefits of virtual delivery include being time efficient and the ability to participate from any location.
- Downloadable course notes
- Downloadable tools and resources
Students will require the following:
- Computer or mobile device
- An internet connection (broadband/4G+ recommended)
- Speakers and a microphone
- A webcam
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order
- Payment Plan - zipMoney
If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options. For more information on this, visit Zip Money
AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
Our motto: By managers, for managers.