Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
PSP50116 Diploma of GovernmentQualificationCode:
PSP50116Duration:12 MonthsStructure:11 Units
Focusing on developing the essential knowledge, skills and abilities that public sector employees must demonstrate to perform their roles effectively, AIM’s PSP50116 Diploma of Government has an emphasis on working effectively and supporting performance, in the public sector environment. You’ll develop a clear and sound understanding of ethical behaviour, governance and customer centric services as well as skills in leading, coaching and managing team performance.
Who should undertake this qualification?
Covering the competencies required for independent and self-directed work in the public sector, this qualification is suited to those with management responsibilities in diverse environments where there is a range of responsibilities which are dynamic in nature rather than within a narrow specialisation and/or they work in small or regionally based organisations.
Possible career outcomes*
Potential career pathways for graduates of this qualification include roles as an Administrative Services Manager (Public Sector) or Policy Manager (Public Sector). Previous graduates of this program have gone on to positions ranging from administrative to professional roles across a wide variety of industries including Health Care and Social Assistance, Education and Training, and Public Administration and Safety.
*(As per data from the Australian Government Department of Education and Training as well as the National Centre for Vocational Education Research).
Units of Competency
These units of competency have been developed in consultation with industry experts along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to your role.
Core unit overview
- PSPETH003 Promote the values and ethos of public service - promote ethical standards to assist staff in avoiding conflicts of interest and to model and foster integrity.
- PSPGEN047 Promote diversity - promote diversity within an organisation by providing input to strategies and attracting a diverse workforce while monitoring diversity outcomes.
- PSPGEN054 Use complex workplace communication strategies - prepare for complex communication, analyse and respond to opinions and present a convincing argument.
- PSPLEG003 Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector - model compliance with legislation and related public sector guidelines and procedures.
Pre-selected elective unit overview
- PSPGEN048 Support workplace coaching and mentoring - develop and implement strategies and frameworks to enable effective coaching and mentoring practices.
- PSPGEN050 Manage conflict - identify conflicts in the workplace, explore resolution options and monitor and record resolution outcomes.
- PSPGEN053 Provide leadership - lead and guide teams and facilitate commitment to achieving team objectives.
- BSBLDR501 Develop and use emotional intelligence - increase self-awareness, improve relationship management and promote emotional intelligence in the workplace.
- PSPGEN060 Manage performance - develop workplans and performance indicators, monitor and assess team and individual performance, provide learning and development, recognise excellence and ensure the achievement of performance standards.
- PSPGEN044 Develop client services - analyse client needs, review client services, and promote development and enhancement of client services.
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements - implement and monitor an organisation’s work health and safety (WHS) policies, procedures and programs in the relevant work area in order to meet legislative requirements.
Assessments are completed in the student’s own time and may include practical exercises and evaluative tools.To offer maximum flexibility for individuals and organisations, the PSP50116 Diploma of Government is available with the following study options:
On-Campus Workshops and Online Support – 13 days of on-campus workshops with additional self-paced study
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network. Additional study and assessment takes place outside the 13 days of face-to-face workshops.
If you have several people wanting to study the PSP50116 Diploma of Government, AIM can develop a program for your organisation including contextualising it to your own business or industry.
You may also consider advancing your qualifications by pursuing a postgraduate pathway towards a full MBA. AIM offers the Graduate Certificate in Management, Graduate Diploma in Management and the Masters of Business Administration. Study is available in both online and face-to-face delivery modes.
For more information, speak to one of our Senior Training Advisors on 1300 658 337.
Entry requirements - There are no course prerequisites. To enrol in this course, you must be 18 years of age at time of enrolment; and demonstrate during the enrolment process that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course as described in the Student Entry Criteria. Students are required to have a unique email address.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification. Read more on Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer or call 1300 658 337.
How to Enrol - Click here for information about how to enrol and for our Student Entry Procedure.
Payment Options - Complete the enquiry form below or call 1300 658 337 to learn more about the following payment options and tuition fees.
- Pay upfront for the full cost of your qualification in one easy payment.
- Defer all or part of your tuition fees with flexible payment options through AIM's finance partner, zipMoney.
- Funding options may be available in your state, please contact us for more information.
“AIM works for people who need to combine working life with study.”