Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
You are here
BSB51415 Diploma of Project ManagementQualification Code:
BSB51415Duration:12 MonthsStructure:12 Units
Projects are critical components of an organisation’s business strategy so their success has great influence over organisational performance. The BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management from AIM will equip you with the broad range of skills required to plan, lead and execute the end-to-end delivery of your organisation’s projects. Take the lead with confidence on your next project with this nationally recognised qualification. Guided by the best practice principles outlined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK®), the BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management from AIM is endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management.
Students who successfully complete this AIPM Endorsed qualification and join AIPM as an Associate or Member are eligible for automatic recognition for certification at Certified Practising Project Practitioner (CPPP) level at no extra cost other than membership fees
Who should undertake this qualification?
Especially suited to those who want to build capability as a project manager, the BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management is a broad qualification designed to boost your ability to coordinate all aspects of the project management lifecycle. Individuals undertaking this qualification may already manage projects across a number of industry sectors and are responsible for achieving project objectives.
Possible career outcomes*
Potential career pathways for graduates of this qualification include roles such as a Project Administrator or Project Manager. Previous graduates of this program have gone on to roles ranging from clerical and administrative roles to professional and management roles across a wide variety of industries including Construction, Public Administration and Safety as well as Professional, Scientific and Technical Services.
*(As per data from the Australian Government Department of Education and Training as well as the National Centre for Vocational Education Research).
Units of Competency
These units of competency have been developed in consultation with industry experts along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to your role.
Core unit overview
- BSBPMG511 Manage project scope - obtain project authorisation, develop a scope management plan and manage project scope controls.
- BSBPMG512 Manage project time - determine and implement the project schedule and assess time management outcomes.
- BSBPMG513 Manage project quality - determine quality requirements, implement quality control processes and use review and evaluation to make quality improvements.
- BSBPMG514 Manage project cost - analyse and refine project costs to produce a budget to control project expenditure.
- BSBPMG515 Manage project human resources - plan for human resources, provide training and development and lead the project team.
- BSBPMG516 Manage project information and communication - ensure timely and appropriate collection, and dissemination of information.
- BSBPMG517 Manage project risk - identify, analyse and monitor project risks and assess risk management outcomes.
- BSBPMG521 Manage project integration - integrate and balance project functions to align with strategies and objectives.
Pre-selected elective unit overview
- BSBPMG518 Manage project procurement - determine procurement requirements, establish processes and conduct procurement activities.
- BSBPMG519 Manage project stakeholder engagement - identify stakeholder interests, facilitate engagement and manage communications.
- BSBPMG520 Manage project governance - Apply policies and procedures and review project governance.
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement - develop systems and processes to enable continuous improvement through effective coaching and knowledge management practices.
Assessments are completed in the student’s own time and may include practical exercises and evaluative tools.
To offer maximum flexibility for individuals and organisations, the BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management is available with the following study options:
Blended Delivery - On-Campus Workshops and Online Support – 5 days of on-campus workshops with additional self-paced study
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. A combination and integration of face to face and online learning where the student has the opportunity for a varied learning approach. The blended mode of delivery combines traditional face to face teaching methodologies with the addition of supplementary training in the digital environment. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network. Additional study and assessment takes place outside the 5 days of face-to-face workshops.
Online Delivery - Online Study and support through self-paced, online modules
Studying online has never been easier or more convenient than through AIM’s state-of-the-art virtual campus, myAIM. Via the portal myAIM, students gain access to online learning materials, recorded webinars for content and assessments, case studies, ebooks, learning tasks, videos, resources and practice questions, all working to guiding and training the learner to successfully complete the course requirements. You can take each step of your qualification at your own pace, connect with others in online forums, and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
If you have several people wanting to study the BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management, AIM can develop a program for your organisation including contextualising it to your own business or industry.
The course structure for each delivery mode may vary slightly, so please speak with a Senior Training Advisor on 1300 658 337.
Completing the BSB51415 Diploma in Project Management gives you the opportunity to explore further qualification opportunities such as the BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management or the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management .
In addition, AIM offers the Graduate Certificate in Management, Graduate Diploma in Management and the Masters of Business Administration. Study is available in both online and face-to-face delivery modes.
For more information, speak to one of our Senior Training Advisors on 1300 658 337.
Entry requirements – To enrol in this course, you must be 18 years of age at time of enrolment; and demonstrate during the enrolment process that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course as described in the Student Entry Criteria. Students are required to have a unique email address and a USI – unique student identifier. To succeed in this course, you should have an education level of year 12 (or equivalent) or Certificate IV – if not, you will need to meet the requirements in the admissions checklist, experience in the project management work environment and access to a workplace, be technologically literate with the ability to use word processing applications and the internet, be proficient in English – if English is not your first language, receive a satisfactory assessment in core LLN skills assessment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification. Read more on Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer or call 1300 658 337.
How to Enrol - Find out how to enrol and about our Student Entry Procedure.
Payment Options - Complete the enquiry form below or call 1300 658 337 to learn more about the following payment options and tuition fees.
- Pay upfront for the full cost of your qualification in one easy payment.
- Defer all or part of your tuition fees with flexible payment options through AIM's finance partner, zipMoney.
- Funding options may be available in your state, please contact us for more information.
18 years +, education level minimum year 12 or Certificate IV, work experience and access to workplace, technologically literate, English proficiency.
“For me, becoming more skilled now, is actually a small investment in time and money, which will have a much bigger return later down the track.”