Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
You are here
Double Diploma: BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management + BSB51415 Diploma of Project ManagementQualification Code:
BSB51918 + BSB51415Duration:18 MonthsStructure:23 Units
Become a highly capable and effective leader and project manager by combining the latest theories and practical approaches to leadership and management from AIM’s BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management with the broad range of skills required to plan, lead and execute the end-to-end delivery of your organisation’s projects from AIM’s BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management. This comprehensive program will enable you to effectively plan, execute and evaluate the work of your team while also taking the lead with confidence on projects, guided by the best practice principles outlined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK®). The BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management from AIM is also endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management.
Who should undertake this qualification?
This is a widely focused and comprehensive course for those wishing to upskill in a number of leadership and management areas while building capability as a project manager. Designed for managers that have responsibility for a team or a business, as well as those who coordinate all aspects of the project management lifecycle, this program will allow you to effectively add leadership value and oversee project management practices in a broad range of roles across multiple industries and disciplines.
Possible career outcomes*
Potential career pathways for graduates of this qualification include roles such as a Business Manager, Project Administrator or Project Manager. Previous graduates of this program have gone on to professional and management roles across a wide variety of industries including Public Administration and Safety, Construction as well as Professional, Scientific and Technical Services.
*(As per data from the Australian Government Department of Education and Training as well as the National Centre for Vocational Education Research).
Units of Competency
These units of competency have been developed in consultation with industry experts along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to your role.
Core unit overview
- BSBPMG511 Manage project scope - obtain project authorisation, develop a scope management plan and manage project scope controls.
- BSBPMG512 Manage project time - determine and implement the project schedule and assess time management outcomes.
- BSBPMG513 Manage project quality - determine quality requirements, implement quality control processes and use review and evaluation to make quality improvements.
- BSBPMG514 Manage project cost - analyse and refine project costs to produce a budget to control project expenditure.
- BSBPMG515 Manage project human resources - plan for human resources, provide training and development and lead the project team.
- BSBPMG516 Manage project information and communication - ensure timely and appropriate collection, and dissemination of information.
- BSBPMG517 Manage project risk - identify, analyse and monitor project risks and assess risk management outcomes.
- BSBPMG521 Manage project integration - integrate and balance project functions to align with strategies and objectives.
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan – plan operational activities and outputs, acquire resources, monitor financial productivity and evaluate operational performance.
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness - enable teams to take ownership of their own performance, work cohesively and actively participate resolving team problems.
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships - establish consultation and communication processes to recognise and support diverse workplace relationships.
- BSBLDR511 Develop and use emotional intelligence - increase self-awareness, improve relationship management and promote emotional intelligence in the workplace.
Pre-selected elective unit overview
- BSBPMG518 Manage project procurement - determine procurement requirements, establish processes and conduct procurement activities.
- BSBPMG519 Manage project stakeholder engagement - identify stakeholder interests, facilitate engagement and manage communications.
- BSBPMG520 Manage project governance - apply policies and procedures and review project governance.
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement - develop systems and processes to enable continuous improvement through effective coaching and knowledge management practices.*
- BSBINN502 Build and sustain an innovative work environment - create and promote an environment that enables the generation and evaluation of ideas and the application of innovative practice.
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work - develop a project plan, implement, monitor, finalise and review the project and determine lessons learned.
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance - develop work plans and performance indicators, monitor and assess team and individual performance, provide coaching and support, recognise excellence and ensure the achievement of performance standards.
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development - create systems and processes to manage workload, prioritise tasks and plan for ongoing professional development.
- BSBLED501 Develop a workplace learning environment - develop strategies to facilitate inclusive learning and ongoing development of teams.
- BSBLDR504 Implement diversity in the workplace - develop, implement and review diversity policy and procedures.
- BSBLDR513 Communicate with influence - present persuasively, negotiate effectively and lead productive meetings.
*This unit is included in both BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management and BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management and must be completed as part of both qualifications.
Assessments are completed in the student’s own time and may include practical exercises and evaluative tools.
To offer maximum flexibility for individuals and organisations, the Double Diploma: BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management + BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management is available with the following study options:
Blended Delivery - On-Campus Workshops and Online Support – 14 days of on-campus workshops with additional self-paced study
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. A combination and integration of face to face and online learning where the student has the opportunity for a varied learning approach. The blended mode of delivery combines traditional face to face teaching methodologies with the addition of supplementary training in the digital environment. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network. Additional study and assessment takes place outside the 14 days of face-to-face workshops.
Online Delivery - Online Study and support through self-paced, online modules
Studying online has never been easier or more convenient than through AIM’s state-of-the-art virtual campus, myAIM. Via the portal myAIM, students gain access to online learning materials, recorded webinars for content and assessments, case studies, ebooks, learning tasks, videos, resources and practice questions, all working to guiding and training the learner to successfully complete the course requirements. You can take each step of your qualification at your own pace, connect with others in online forums, and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
If you have several people wanting to study the Double Diploma: BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management + BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management AIM can develop a program for your organisation including contextualising it to your own business or industry.
The course structure for each delivery mode may vary slightly, so please speak with a Senior Training Advisor on 1300 658 337.
Completing the Double Diploma: BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management + BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management gives you the opportunity to explore further qualification opportunities such as the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management.
You may also consider advancing your qualifications by pursuing a postgraduate pathway towards a full MBA. AIM offers the Graduate Certificate in Management, Graduate Diploma in Management and the Masters of Business Administration. Study is available in both online and face-to-face delivery modes.
For more information, speak to one of our Senior Training Advisors on 1300 658 337.
Entry requirements – To enrol in this course, you must be 18 years of age at time of enrolment; and demonstrate during the enrolment process that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course as described in the Student Entry Criteria. Students are required to have a unique email address and a USI – unique student identifier. To succeed in this course, you should have an education level of year 12 (or equivalent) or Certificate IV – if not, you will need to meet the requirements in the admissions checklist, experience in the leadership and management / project management work environment and access to a workplace, be technologically literate with the ability to use word processing applications and the internet, be proficient in English – if English is not your first language, receive a satisfactory assessment in core LLN skills assessment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification. Read more on Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer or call 1300 658 337.
How to Enrol - Find out how to enrol and about our Student Entry Procedure.
Payment Options - Complete the enquiry form below or call 1300 658 337 to learn more about the following payment options and tuition fees.
- Pay upfront for the full cost of your qualification in one easy payment.
- Defer all or part of your tuition fees with flexible payment options through AIM's finance partner, zipMoney.
- Funding options may be available in your state, please contact us for more information.
BSB51918 + BSB51415
“Studying with AIM is so much more effective than reading a text book because the facilitator talks about real-world experience, which really resonates with me and means that I’ll remember.”