Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and DevelopmentQualificationCode:
TAE50216Duration:12 MonthsStructure:10 Units
Providing the advanced knowledge required in designing training and assessment services, AIM’s TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development is designed to provide experienced learning and development practitioners with the essential skillsets they need to advance their career. Enhancing your capability to analyse training needs and evaluate the effectiveness of training programs, you’ll build your instructional design expertise in developing training solutions and products to meet evolving workplace requirements.
Who should undertake this qualification?
Reflecting the roles of training developers and instructional designers who are responsible for addressing training needs, this qualification is for professionals involved in designing training and assessment products to meet workplace capability requirements. They may also have a role in providing guidance and advice to trainers and assessors and in researching and incorporating best practice into training programs and products. This qualification is now a requirement for Trainers and Assessors who deliver the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Assessor Skill Set, or Advanced Assessor Skill Set.
Possible career outcomes*
Potential career pathways for graduates of this qualification include roles such as a Training Designer. Previous graduates of this program have gone on to roles ranging from clerical and administrative roles to professional and management roles across a wide variety of industries including Education and Training, Public Administration and Safety as well as Professional, Scientific and Technical Services.
*(As per data from the Australian Government Department of Education and Training as well as the National Centre for Vocational Education Research).
Units of Competency
These units of competency have been developed in consultation with industry experts along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to your role.
Core unit overview
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools - design and develop assessment tools, including tools used in formative, summative and recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment.
- TAEDES501 Design and develop learning strategies - design, develop and review learning strategies relevant to both Training Package qualifications and course-based qualifications.
- TAEDES502 Design and develop learning resources - design, develop and evaluate the effectiveness of learning support resources.
- TAEDES505 Evaluate a training program - evaluate a training program by measuring the effectiveness of training in meeting workforce performance needs and capability requirements.
- TAETAS501 Undertake organisational training needs analysis - undertake a training needs analysis (TNA) to identify the training and assessment needs of an organisation.
Pre-selected elective unit overview
- TAEASS501 Provide advanced assessment practice - lead assessment processes among a group or team of assessors within a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
- TAEASS503 Lead assessment validation processes - provide leadership in assessment validation and continuous improvement processes.
- TAEASS504 Develop and implement recognition strategies - develop and implement recognition strategies that may be used for recognition of current competencies against workplace and industry criteria as well as recognition of prior learning.
- TAELLN501 Support the development of adult language literacy and numeracy skills - design and implement training and assessment strategies that incorporate mechanisms to support language, literacy and numeracy development.
- TAERES501 Apply research to training and assessment practice - undertake research into educational theory and apply findings to improve current training and assessment practice.
Assessments are completed in the student’s own time and may include practical exercises and evaluative tools.
To offer maximum flexibility for individuals and organisations, the TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development is available with the following study options:
On-Campus Workshops and Online Support – ten days of on-campus workshops with additional self-paced study
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network. Additional study and assessment takes place outside the ten days of face-to-face workshops.
If you have several people wanting to study the TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development, AIM can develop a program for your organisation including contextualising it to your own business or industry.
You may consider advancing your qualifications by pursuing a postgraduate pathway towards a Graduate Certificate in Management, Graduate Diploma in Management or a Masters of Business Administration.
For more information, speak to one of our Senior Training Advisors on 1300 658 337.
Entry requirements - There are no course prerequisites. To enrol in this course, you must be 18 years of age at time of enrolment; and demonstrate during the enrolment process that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course as described in the Student Entry Criteria. Students are required to have a unique email address.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification. Read more on Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer or call 1300 658 337.
How to Enrol - Click here for information about how to enrol and for our Student Entry Procedure.
Payment Options - Complete the enquiry form below or call 1300 658 337 to learn more about the following payment options and tuition fees.
- Pay upfront for the full cost of your qualification in one easy payment.
- Defer all or part of your tuition fees with flexible payment options through AIM's finance partner, zipMoney.
- Funding options may be available in your state, please contact us for more information.
Meet Sonja Becke, a recent AIM graduate and Visy employee. As Sonja was rising up the company ranks, AIM supported her throughout her career progression to give her the skills she needed to perform her new roles with confidence. AIM provided on-site flexible training which allowed Sonja and her colleagues to undertake training at their workplace. Here’s her story.
"I really enjoyed my experience with AIM. The course content was amazing."