“The facilitator brings the content to life with real life examples, keeping us involved and interested throughout the course.”
Units of Competency
These units of competency have been developed by the world’s leading social media experts, all of whom feature on the Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers list, along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to your role.
Core unit overview
- SIRXMKT006 Develop a social media strategy – conduct a social media audit to understand the current organisational context, create a social media strategy with content, and develop an action plan including budget, resources and compliance requirements.
- NAT10904001 Plan, implement and manage content marketing – implement a content marketing strategy and create, publish and share content in a variety of forms to build awareness and credibility, purchase consideration, and aid the decision-making process of the target audience.
- NAT10904002 Plan, conduct and optimise organic social media marketing – understand the specific organic marketing tactics for mainstream and niche social media channels and create and curate content which is relevant to the audience and shared organically.
- NAT10904003 Plan, manage and optimise paid social media advertising – create pragmatic and strategic ad copy for different social media channels, set up, optimise, and split test ad campaigns, and implement, measure and report on paid advertising campaigns.
- NAT10904004 Establish, build and leverage a personal brand on social media – identify which social platforms are best suited to the personal brand, taking into account values, personality, life stage, and resources, and develop and implement a website strategy.
- NAT10904005 Plan, implement and manage social media conversion strategies – understand how email marketing is used in converting audience into customers, learn the components of email strategy (segmentation, objectives, timing, and content), implement A/B testing, and utilise key metrics for reporting and optimisation.
Pre-selected elective unit overview
- BSBMKG541 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities – identify, evaluate and take advantage of marketing opportunities by analysing market data, distinguishing characteristics of possible markets and assessing viability of changes to operations.
- BSBMKG552 Design and develop marketing communication plans – identify and evaluate a range of marketing communication mediums to design and develop marketing communication plans.
- BSBPMG430 Undertake project work – develop a project plan, administer and monitor the project, finalise the project, and review the project to identify lessons learned for application to future projects.
Learn without limits
The AIM Gold Card gives you two years of exclusive benefits.
This exclusive membership entitles you to consultations with our AIM Course Specialists. Develop a personalised study plan, identify opportunities to upskill, and maximise success beyond your degree.
As industry places greater emphasis on professional growth and micro-skilling, use the Gold Card to access all of AIM’s one-day and online short courses that will broaden your knowledge, develop skills specific to your career, and help you to evolve with the business world around you.
Utilise the collaborative workspaces at AIM Campuses located in major cities around Australia. Open yourself up to new ideas and fresh prospects as 20,000 likeminded AIM professionals come together each year to meet, study, and network.
Completing the 10904NAT Diploma of Social Media Marketing gives you the opportunity to explore further qualification opportunities such as the BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management or the BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management.
In addition, AIM offers the Graduate Certificate in Management, Graduate Diploma in Management, and the Master of Business Administration. Study is available in both online and face-to-face delivery modes.
For more information, speak to one of our Senior Training Advisors on 1300 658 337.
Payment Options - Complete the enquiry form below or call 1300 658 337 to learn more about the following payment options and tuition fees.
- Pay upfront for the full cost of your qualification in one easy payment.
- Defer all or part of your tuition fees with flexible payment options through AIM's finance partner, zipMoney.
- Funding options may be available in your state, please contact us for more information.
To enrol in this course, you must be 18 years of age at time of enrolment; and demonstrate during the enrolment process that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course as described in the Student Entry Criteria. Students are required to have a unique email address and a USI – unique student identifier. To succeed in this course, you should have an education level of year 12 (or equivalent) or Certificate IV – if not, you will need to meet the requirements in the admissions checklist, experience in the social media marketing work environment and access to a workplace, be technologically literate with the ability to use word processing applications, have continuous internet access, be proficient in English – if English is not your first language, receive a satisfactory assessment in core LLN skills assessment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work, and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification. Read more on Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer or call 1300 658 337.
How to Enrol
Click here for information about how to enrol and for our Student Entry Procedure.
In Partnership with Social Media College
Social Media College (SMC) is where the world goes to study social media. Since 2014, SMC has delivered a wide variety of market-leading short courses, including face-to-face workshops and online self-paced options as well as the Diploma of Social Media Marketing, the first nationally recognised qualification governed by the Australian Government’s ASQA. All are designed in close collaboration with globally renowned social media experts.