How to Apply
Find out how to start your application in a Vocational Qualification with the Australian Institute of Management Education and Training (AIM).
There are a few things you’ll need to do before you can start your application in a vocational qualification with the Australian Institute of Management Education and Training (AIM).
We recommend you:
- Review the Course Guide and information on the AIM website to confirm the course meets your study/career goals, and you met the entry requirements;
- Discuss your career/study goals and how the proposed course meets your needs with our Course Advisors on 1300 658 337;
- Seek additional advice from Course Advisors where and if required;
- Check your course fees and payment options.
If you are applying for a vocational education and training qualification, you will undergo a pre-enrolment review as part of the admissions process. This review is to determine that you have sufficient skills and capability to successfully undertake and complete the course.
The pre-enrolment review will include your educational level, work experience and your language, literacy, numeracy and digital skills. It will also include checking that you have the technology to undertake the course, and the learning style suited to self-paced online learning. Please note that the minimum age for students enrolling in vocational courses at AIM is 18 years at the time of enrolment.
If we have concerns about a student's academic ability, we will request that you provide AIM with additional information to support any decision about your enrolment including any support needed.
Student Application Procedure
To apply for an AIM course, you need to:
- Complete an application form. We recommend you contact a Course Advisor to discuss your application, and to facilitate the process, or you can apply directly.
- Comply with all the entry requirements for the qualification you wish to enrol into.
- Have all the relevant documentation ready to upload during the application process that include:
- Copy of your most recent educational qualification, or provide the AIMVET RTO 0049 with access to your qualifications obtained since 2015 at https://www.usi.gov.au/students/give-provider-access (only if you already have a USI)
- CV or Resume or PDF of your LinkedIn Profile
- Official photo identification (Driver’s License, NSW Photo Card, Passport)
- Unique Student Identifier. (If you don’t have a USI you can create one in just a few minutes by clicking on the following link and filling in a few details: Create Your USI.)
- acknowledge you have read and understand AIM’s Terms and Conditions and relevant policies and procedures, and that you have the capability, technology and equipment to undertake online self-paced learning.
- check that all fields are correct and complete (including uploading your evidence of your education level and work experience)
- complete the e-signature section and submit your application.
Following your application submission:
- we will review your application and all required documents to confirm they meet our entry requirements;
- if we need clarification or further information, we will contact you;
- once your application has been reviewed and approved, you will receive an email from us confirming your application;
- you will be provisionally enrolled into the course meaning that you have five (5) business days to review the course, and to confirm that it meets your needs;
- we recommend you log into the course, look around the ‘classroom’, interact with the learning resources, and contact us if you have any questions during this period;
- once the five (5) business day period has ended, your enrolment is confirmed, and you are liable for the full course fee. Our team will contact you to finalise payment details if needed.
Please contact our Course Advisors if you have any questions or need assistance prior to enrolment on 1300 658 337.