Units of Competency
These units of competency have been developed in consultation with industry experts along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to your role.
Core unit overview
- TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs – define the parameters of the learning program, develop content and design structure of the program within the VET policy framework
- TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs – select appropriate training package or course, analyse and interpret the qualifications framework, competency and accredited modules, and assessment information, contextualise for client applications
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning – interpret learning environment and delivery requirements, prepare session plans and resources, facilitate training sessions, and support and monitor learning
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills – analyse LLN requirements and select and use resources and strategies to address requirements, use specialist LLN support, evaluate effectiveness of assessment strategies and learning support
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace – establish effective learning environment, develop and implement work-based learning pathway, establish, develop, maintain, close, and evaluate a learning-facilitation relationship
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools – determine focus of assessment tool, design, develop, and trial the tool, and review its effectiveness
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes – determine assessment approach and prepare plan, identify modification and contextualisation requirements, and development assessment instruments
- TAEASS402 Assess competence – prepare for the assessment with quality evidence to support the candidate, make, record, and report on assessment decision, and review process
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation – prepare for and participate in validation of assessment tools, and contribute to validation outcomes
Pre-selected elective unit overview
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation – prepare and deliver a presentation, and review its effectiveness
Learn without limits
The AIM Gold Card gives you two years of exclusive benefits.
This exclusive membership entitles you to consultations with our AIM Course Specialists. Develop a personalised study plan, identify opportunities to upskill, and maximise success beyond your degree.
As industry places greater emphasis on professional growth and micro-skilling, use the Gold Card to access all of AIM’s one-day and online short courses that will broaden your knowledge, develop skills specific to your career, and help you to evolve with the business world around you.
Utilise the collaborative workspaces at AIM Campuses located in major cities around Australia. Open yourself up to new ideas and fresh prospects as 20,000 likeminded AIM professionals come together each year to meet, study, and network.
Completing the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment opens doors to a world of further study with AIM. You may be able to use units of competency completed in this course as credit towards other AIM Vocational Qualifications. You could also consider pursuing higher education through AIM Business School.
For more information, speak to one of our Senior Training Advisors on 1300 658 337.
Entry requirements - TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment has specific entry requirements. Those entering this program must demonstrate broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
AIM has additional entry requirements for this qualification;
- An education level of year 10 (or equivalent) or Certificate III or above
- Minimum 18 years old
- Must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area
- An individual undertaking this program requires well developed language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills relevant to the context of their role. Students may be required to complete the online LLN test based on the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF), if they do not meet entry requirements.
- Technologically literate (ability to use and access to computer with continuous internet access. + word processing applications). Learners must also have access to appropriate technology to allow them to complete the qualification – this includes a computer with a reliable internet connection and browsing ability, video recording equipment (e.g. a smart phone), word processing applications such as word and spreadsheet applications such as excel.
- Must be working OR have access to a workplace and have 2 years minimum work experience in their chosen industry in the last 5 years
Prior to enrolment, all prospective students are required to participate in an interview with one of the Course Advisors. This interview includes reviewing the learners’ existing skills and knowledge, ensuring that they are suitable candidates participate in the online self-paced online program and identifying any possible obstacles or barriers, as well as getting to know the students and may also include the completion of a language literacy and numeracy assessment tool. The outcome of the LLN test report with the completed interview will be forwarded to the Manager to assess their suitability and capacity to undertake the course. The interview may be in person or via the phone/Skype.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work, and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification. Read more on Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer or call 1300 658 337.
How to Enrol - Find out how to enrol and about our Student Entry Procedure.
Payment Options - Call 1300 658 337 to learn more about the following payment options and tuition fees.
- Pay upfront for the full cost of your qualification in one easy payment.
- Defer all or part of your tuition fees with flexible payment options through AIM’s finance partner, zipMoney.
- Funding options may be available in your state, please contact us for more information.