“Studying with AIM is so much more effective than reading a text book because the facilitator talks about real-world experience, which really resonates with me and means that I’ll remember.”
Units of Competency
These units of competency have been developed in consultation with industry experts along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to your role.
Core unit overview
- BSBPMG420 Apply project scope management techniques – identify objectives, deliverables, constraints, assumptions and outcomes, and apply controls.
- BSBPMG421 Apply project time management techniques – develop, maintain and evaluate project schedules.
- BSBPMG422 Apply project quality management techniques – contribute to quality planning, procedures and continuous improvement to enhance project outcomes.
Pre-selected elective unit overview
- BSBPMG423 Apply project cost management techniques – assist in producing a project budget, monitor expenditure and contribute to cost finalisation.
- BSBPMG424 Apply project human resources management approaches – understand staffing requirements, identify training needs and resolve conflict.
- BSBPMG425 Apply project information management and communications techniques – provide a critical link between people and information at all stages of the project.
- BSBPMG426 Apply project risk management techniques – plan for risk, control risk and review associated outcomes.
- BSBPMG427 Apply project procurement procedures – identify procurement requirements, supplier selection, and conduct procurement and finalisation activities.
- BSBPMG429 Apply project stakeholder engagement techniques – ensure timely involvement of key stakeholders throughout the project.
Learn without limits
The AIM Gold Card gives you two years of exclusive benefits.
This exclusive membership entitles you to consultations with our AIM Course Specialists. Develop a personalised study plan, identify opportunities to upskill, and maximise success beyond your degree.
As industry places greater emphasis on professional growth and micro-skilling, use the Gold Card to access all of AIM’s one-day and online short courses that will broaden your knowledge, develop skills specific to your career, and help you to evolve with the business world around you.
Utilise the collaborative workspaces at AIM Campuses located in major cities around Australia. Open yourself up to new ideas and fresh prospects as 20,000 likeminded AIM professionals come together each year to meet, study, and network.
Completing the BSB40920 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice gives you the opportunity to explore further qualification opportunities such as the BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management.
For more information, speak to one of our Senior Training Advisors on 1300 658 337.
Entry requirements – To enrol in this course, you must be 18 years of age at time of enrolment; and demonstrate during the enrolment process that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course as described in the Student Entry Criteria. Students are required to have a unique email address and a USI – unique student identifier. To succeed in this course, you should have an education level of year 10 (or equivalent) or Certificate III – if not, you will need to meet the requirements in the admissions checklist, experience in the project management work environment and access to a workplace, be technologically literate with the ability to use word processing applications and the internet, be proficient in English – if English is not your first language, receive a satisfactory assessment in core LLN skills assessment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification. Read more on Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer or call 1300 658 337.
How to Enrol - Find out how to enrol and about our Student Entry Procedure.
Payment Options - Complete the enquiry form below or call 1300 658 337 to learn more about the following payment options and tuition fees.
- Pay upfront for the full cost of your qualification in one easy payment.
- Defer all or part of your tuition fees with flexible payment options through AIM's finance partner, zipMoney.
- Funding options may be available in your state, please contact us for more information.