July Leading Edge with Geoff Fary
Welcome to the July edition of Leading Edge. As the Deputy Chair of the AIM Group Board, I am excited to update you on the latest Member benefits and activities happening across Australia.
The closing date for the AIM Leadership Excellence Awards (ALEAs) is fast approaching. Make sure you get your nominations for outstanding leaders in before July 31st. This year we have added two new categories – Student and Community Leader – to recognise great leadership across an even broader range of organisations and disciplines. Celebrating outstanding leadership is crucial to fostering a productive and dynamic work culture, so get your nominations in today! If you have already been nominated, make sure you submit your application before July 31st.
Tickets are now on sale for AIM’s National Networking Day. Across the country we will be attempting to take the Guinness World Records title for the largest simultaneous networking event. Networking is a crucial part of good management, so come along to your local event on August 29th and expand your professional network. Help us create the world’s biggest networking event and prove that 'Networking is Working'.
And lastly, in Canberra, the Great Debate will be tackling whether ‘Positive Discrimination Works’ with all six speakers and their teams announced last week as follows:
- Phillip Coorey: Chief Political Correspondent for The Australian Financial Review
- Frances Crimmins: Executive Director of YWCA Canberra
- Nipuni Wijewickrema: social entrepreneur who runs a floristry business designed to create employment opportunities for people with special needs
- Amanda Daff: expert in workplace relations
- Catherine Carter: experienced property advocate
- Ben Pettingill: motivational speaker who lost 98% of his eyesight overnight at age 16
These diverse and distinguished speakers will be joined by MC Erin Molan, from the Nine Network’s NRL Footy Show. As a strong female icon within Australian sports culture, Erin is committed to mentoring and engaging young women. This debate looks set to be an insightful, thought-provoking and fun event, so make sure you book your tickets for July 29th.