Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
Finance for Non-Finance Managers
Managers and leaders who have an understanding of their organisation’s financial position feel more confident in their business decision-making. This short course offers a practical guide to analysing financial data and understanding the implications of financial performance. It introduces all aspects of financial management from planning through to budget review and reporting on financial outcomes.
Is this course right for you?
If you're a manager with responsibility for planning, managing and reporting on budgets and financial indicators, or you wish to deepen your knowledge of business finance, this is the ideal course for you.
Upon completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Analyse previous financial data to establish areas which have generated a profit or loss and establish critical initiatives that will require resources in the next financial cycle
- Use previous financial data to determine allocations for resources, make informed estimates of new items for inclusion and prepare budgets in accordance with statutory requirements
- Ensure the structure and format of financial reports are clear in order to identify significant issues and prepare recommendations to ensure the ongoing financial viability of your organisation
On-Campus Workshops – 2 days face-to-face workshops
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
- Comprehensive course notes
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Internet Access
Please advise AIM when booking if you have any dietary or accessibility requests.
Please note that prices for AIM short courses do not include assessment.
AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
Our motto: By managers, for managers.Payment Options
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order
- Payment Plan - zipMoney
If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options. For more information on this, visit Zip Money
Meet Sonja Becke, a recent AIM graduate and Visy employee. As Sonja was rising up the company ranks, AIM supported her throughout her career progression to give her the skills she needed to perform her new roles with confidence. AIM provided on-site flexible training which allowed Sonja and her colleagues to undertake training at their workplace. Here’s her story.
“AIM works for people who need to combine working life with study.”