Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
BSB51415 Diploma of Project ManagementQualificationCode:
BSB51415Duration:12 MonthsStructure:12 Units
Projects are critical components of an organisation’s business strategy so their success has great influence over organisational performance. The BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management from AIM will equip you with the broad range of skills required to plan, lead and execute the end-to-end delivery of your organisation’s projects. Take the lead with confidence on your next project with this nationally recognised qualification. Guided by the best practice principles outlined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK®), the BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management from AIM is endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management.
Students who successfully complete this AIPM Endorsed qualification and join AIPM as an Associate or Member are eligible for automatic recognition for certification at Certified Practising Project Practitioner (CPPP) level at no extra cost other than membership fees
Who should undertake this qualification?
Especially suited to those who want to build capability as a project manager, the BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management is a broad qualification designed to boost your ability to coordinate all aspects of the project management lifecycle. Individuals undertaking this qualification may already manage projects across a number of industry sectors and are responsible for achieving project objectives.
Possible career outcomes*
Potential career pathways for graduates of this qualification include roles such as a Project Administrator or Project Manager. Previous graduates of this program have gone on to roles ranging from clerical and administrative roles to professional and management roles across a wide variety of industries including Construction, Public Administration and Safety as well as Professional, Scientific and Technical Services.
*(As per data from the Australian Government Department of Education and Training as well as the National Centre for Vocational Education Research).
Units of Competency
These units of competency have been developed in consultation with industry experts along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to your role.
Core unit overview
- BSBPMG511 Manage project scope - obtain project authorisation, develop a scope management plan and manage project scope controls.
- BSBPMG512 Manage project time - determine and implement the project schedule and assess time management outcomes.
- BSBPMG513 Manage project quality - determine quality requirements, implement quality control processes and use review and evaluation to make quality improvements.
- BSBPMG514 Manage project cost - analyse and refine project costs to produce a budget to control project expenditure.
- BSBPMG515 Manage project human resources - plan for human resources, provide training and development and lead the project team.
- BSBPMG516 Manage project information and communication - ensure timely and appropriate collection, and dissemination of information.
- BSBPMG517 Manage project risk - identify, analyse and monitor project risks and assess risk management outcomes.
- BSBPMG521 Manage project integration - integrate and balance project functions to align with strategies and objectives.
Pre-selected elective unit overview
- BSBPMG518 Manage project procurement - determine procurement requirements, establish processes and conduct procurement activities.
- BSBPMG519 Manage project stakeholder engagement - identify stakeholder interests, facilitate engagement and manage communications.
- BSBPMG520 Manage project governance - Apply policies and procedures and review project governance.
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement - develop systems and processes to enable continuous improvement through effective coaching and knowledge management practices.
Assessments are completed in the student’s own time and may include practical exercises and evaluative tools.
To offer maximum flexibility for individuals and organisations, the BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management is available with the following study options:
On-Campus Workshops and Online Support – five days of on-campus workshops with additional self-paced study
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network. Additional study and assessment takes place outside the five days of face-to-face workshops.
Online Study and support through self-paced, online modules
Studying online has never been easier or more convenient than through AIM’s state-of-the-art virtual campus, MyAIM. You can take each step of your qualification at your own pace, connect with others in online forums, and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
If you have several people wanting to study the BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management, AIM can develop a program for your organisation including contextualising it to your own business or industry.
The course structure for each delivery mode may vary slightly, so please speak with a Senior Training Advisor on 1300 658 337.
Completing the BSB51415 Diploma in Project Management gives you the opportunity to explore further qualification opportunities such as the BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management or the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management .
In addition, AIM offers the Graduate Certificate in Management, Graduate Diploma in Management and the Masters of Business Administration. Study is available in both online and face-to-face delivery modes.
For more information, speak to one of our Senior Training Advisors on 1300 658 337.
Entry requirements - There are no course prerequisites. To enrol in this course, you must be 18 years of age at time of enrolment; and demonstrate during the enrolment process that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course as described in the Student Entry Criteria. Students are required to have a unique email address.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification. Read more on Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer or call 1300 658 337.
How to Enrol - Click here for information about how to enrol and for our Student Entry Procedure.
Payment Options - Complete the enquiry form below or call 1300 658 337 to learn more about the following payment options and tuition fees.
- Pay upfront for the full cost of your qualification in one easy payment.
- Defer all or part of your tuition fees with flexible payment options through AIM's finance partner, zipMoney.
- Funding options may be available in your state, please contact us for more information.
Meet Joanna Aarnautovic a recent AIM graduate. Having undertaken a university degree, Joanna was looking to gain greater specialist skills to enable faster career progression and workplace relevant training. Through her AIM course Joanna obtained the practical skills she needed to progress in her role. AIM’s flexible study and personalised support ensured she felt confident in completing her studies. Here’s her story:
"At AIM I had opportunities to network with others to discuss my assessments."