Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and ManagementQualificationCode:
BSB61015Duration:18 MonthsStructure:12 Units
Organisations in every industry are looking for individuals with the right management capabilities and real leadership potential. That’s why this comprehensive qualification is designed to enhance your key skills and knowledge as a manager while providing you with the expert insights you need to become an effective leader. You’ll learn to apply appropriate judgment and initiative in order to respond to complex situations and deliver consistent results, no matter which organisation you work for or the industry you’re in. You’ll also develop the vital cognitive and communication skills that will allow you to analyse information from a variety of sources and effectively communicate that knowledge to your team members and colleagues as well as your superiors and senior leaders.
Who should undertake this qualification?
If you’re accountable for key business objectives, either as an individual or as the leader of a team, the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management is the qualification for you. It’s been designed for those professionals who are required to apply specialised leadership and management knowledge and skills and enables them to effectively leverage their professional experience. It’s also designed to enable you to apply creative and conceptual skills, express ideas and respond appropriately to complex problems.
Possible career outcomes*
Potential career pathways for graduates of this qualification include roles as an Executive Manager, Director Manager or Human Resources (Strategy) Senior Executive. Previous graduates of this program have gone on to roles ranging from clerical and administrative positions through to professional and management roles across a wide variety of industries including Financial and Insurance Services, Health Care and Social Assistance and Public Administration and Safety.
*(As per data from the Australian Government Department of Education and Training as well as the National Centre for Vocational Education Research).
Units of Competency
These units of competency have been developed in consultation with industry experts along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to your role.
Core unit overview
- BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organisation - demonstrate senior leadership behaviour as well as personal and professional competence in inspiring and motivating others.
- BSBINN601 Lead and manage organisational change - determine strategic change requirements and opportunities; and develop, implement and evaluate change management strategies.
- BSBMGT617 Develop and implement a business plan - develop and implement a business plan and run a business operation.
- BSBFIM601 Manage finances - undertake budgeting, financial forecasting and manage resources to achieve the required outputs for the business unit.
Pre-selected elective unit overview
- BSBMGT615 Contribute to organisation development - contribute to the creation of a development plan which ensures the organisation will become more effective over time in achieving its goals.
- BSBMGT616 Develop and implement strategic plans - establish the strategic direction and sustain competitive advantage through the analysis of relevant markets and capability assessments.
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk - manage risks in a range of contexts across an organisation or for a specific business unit or area in any industry setting.
- BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement - sustain and develop an environment in which continuous improvement, innovation and learning are promoted and rewarded.
- BSBHRM604 Manage employee relations - develop and maintain a positive and productive workplace environment through all aspects of employee relations.
- BSBDIV601 Develop and implement diversity policy - research diversity and its importance to organisational activity and draft, plan and implement diversity policy.
- BSBHRM602 Manage human resource strategic planning - develop, implement and maintain a strategic approach to managing human resources in an organisation.
- PSPGOV602B Establish and maintain strategic networks - identify features of strategic networks, establish network links with key stakeholders and build strategic relationships.
Assessments are completed in the student’s own time and may include practical exercises and evaluative tools.
To offer maximum flexibility for individuals and organisations, the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management is available with the following study options:
On-Campus Workshops and Online Support – 14 days of on-campus workshops with additional self-paced study
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network. Additional study and assessment takes place outside the 14 days of face-to-face workshops.
Online Study and support through self-paced, online modules
Studying online has never been easier or more convenient than through AIM’s state-of-the-art virtual campus, MyAIM. You can take each step of your qualification at your own pace, connect with others in online forums, and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
If you have several people wanting to study the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, AIM can develop a program for your organisation including contextualising it to your own business or industry.
The course structure for each delivery mode may vary slightly, so please speak with a Senior Training Advisor on 1300 658 337.
Completing the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management opens doors to a world of further study with AIM as you may be able to use the units of competency as credit towards another AIM qualification. AIM offers Graduate Certificates and Diplomas in Management as well as the Masters of Business Administration.
For more information, speak to one of our Senior Training Advisors on 1300 658 337.
Entry requirements - There are no course prerequisites. To enrol in this course, you must be 18 years of age at time of enrolment; and demonstrate during the enrolment process that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course as described in the Student Entry Criteria. Students are required to have a unique email address.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification. Read more on Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer or call 1300 658 337.
How to Enrol - Click here for information about how to enrol and for our Student Entry Procedure.
Payment Options - Complete the enquiry form below or call 1300 658 337 to learn more about the following payment options and tuition fees.
- Pay upfront for the full cost of your qualification in one easy payment.
- Defer all or part of your tuition fees with flexible payment options through AIM's finance partner, zipMoney.
- Funding options may be available in your state, please contact us for more information.
Meet Joanna Aarnautovic a recent AIM graduate. Having undertaken a university degree, Joanna was looking to gain greater specialist skills to enable faster career progression and workplace relevant training. Through her AIM course Joanna obtained the practical skills she needed to progress in her role. AIM’s flexible study and personalised support ensured she felt confident in completing her studies. Here’s her story:
“AIM works for people who need to combine working life with study.”