“For somebody new to the industry that I’m in, the wealth of knowledge I gained from the AIM facilitators is invaluable.”
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify key attributes and governing principles of successful boards.
- Describe the role of the board, its director and officers and the behaviours that exemplify an effective board member.
- Examine the challenges facing boards including personal liability of members, remaining solvent and maintaining sustainable ethical business practices.
- Identify typical risks associated with managing organisations at board level and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Develop an understanding of the growing importance of ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) and how this is shaping Board views and investments.
- Create a personal development plan identifying leadership skills, behaviours, thinking, awareness and mindset required to operate effectively as a board member, leader or executive leader.
Upcoming Dates for AIM Director Certificate
On-Campus Workshop – 2 days face-to-face workshops
Our AIM Director Certificate course is set in interactive classrooms at one of our five campuses across Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Caberra, and Adelaide. The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
- Comprehensive course notes
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Internet Access
Please advise AIM when booking if you have any dietary or accessibility requests.
Please note that prices for AIM short courses do not include assessment.
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order
- Payment Plan - zipMoney
If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options. For more information on this, visit Zip Money
AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
Our motto: By managers, for managers.
In-House Training Solutions
Contextualising training engagements for your industry or organisation maximises relevance and increases the transfer of learning into the workplace. Develop team cohesion and achieve your specific business objectives through a shared, in-house learning solution.
AIM’s experienced learning designers develop both accredited and unaccredited learning engagements to build the critical competencies you need for success. Join over 500 organisations creating compelling and engaging AIM tailored learning solutions for industries including Government, Health, Financial Services, Mining, Manufacturing, Construction and more.
Craig Gowan is an experienced consultant and director who has worked with numerous high-profile organisations, and he brings this valuable experience in his extensive role as a learning facilitator Craig is known for his knowledge across project management of change initiatives, implementation of new systems, and the facilitation of education in leadership and management, strategy, finance, project management, risk management, and corporate financial systems.