"Learning with AIM is so practical and relevant to what I’m doing at work on a day-to-day basis."
Units of Competency
These units of competency have been developed in consultation with industry experts along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to your role.
Core unit overview
- BSBHRM411 Administer performance development processes - review the performance development system, make recommendations for improvement, and analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the performance development system.
- BSBHRM412 Support employee and industrial relations - identify relevant legislation, agreements, policies and procedures, use effective communication techniques to resolve simple workplace grievances and conflicts, provide accurate written and oral advice about industrial matters, and monitor and gather feedback on the implementation of industrial relations policies and procedures.
- BSBHRM413 Support the learning and development of teams and individuals - develop learning plans to match skill needs, coordinate learning opportunities, and monitor and review workplace learning plan implementation plans.
- BSBHRM415 Coordinate recruitment and onboarding - develop selection criteria and interview questions in consultation with relevant stakeholders, obtain referees’ reports, assess a candidate’s skills, secure preferred candidate’s agreement, and provide an employment contract.
- BSBHRM417 Support human resources functions and processes - use appropriate technology to collect and analyse workforce data with reference to relevant organisational policies, procedures, and ethical parameters.
- BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs - implement and monitor procedures for WHS training, hazard identification, risk control and record keeping.
Pre-selected elective unit overview
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations - use aids and materials to support the presentation, and select and implement methods to review the effectiveness of presentation and document suggested improvements.
- BSBCMM412 Lead difficult conversations - adapt delivery style and tone according to the mood of the conversation, and understand and react to relevant personnel using conviction and empathy.
- BSBHRM529 Coordinate separation and termination processes - communicate effectively with employees to ensure they are aware of their rights and responsibilities, ensure staff have appropriate skill-sets to conduct terminations, and use data from exit interviews for improvement.
- BSBHRM531 Coordinate health and wellness programs - collaboratively develop an overall program management plan, prepare policy documents, coordinate required support to relevant stakeholders, and evaluate implementation and incorporate evaluation outcomes into organisational strategies.
- BSBPEF403 Lead personal development - research and plan opportunities for own personal development, identify and record areas for further development in own behaviour in relation to others, interact and apply self-awareness, and monitor progress of own interpersonal skills.
- BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace - select appropriate communication method for relevant audience and according to organisational requirements, and demonstrate problem solving techniques to negotiate and resolve communication challenges.
Learn without limits
The AIM Gold Card gives you two years of exclusive benefits.
This exclusive membership entitles you to consultations with our AIM Course Specialists. Develop a personalised study plan, identify opportunities to upskill, and maximise success beyond your degree.
As industry places greater emphasis on professional growth and micro-skilling, use the Gold Card to access all of AIM’s one-day and online short courses that will broaden your knowledge, develop skills specific to your career, and help you to evolve with the business world around you.
Utilise the collaborative workspaces at AIM Campuses located in major cities around Australia. Open yourself up to new ideas and fresh prospects as 20,000 likeminded AIM professionals come together each year to meet, study, and network.
Completion of the BSB40420 Certificate IV in Human Resources gives you the opportunity to explore further qualification opportunities such as the BSB50320 Diploma of Human Resources Management or BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management.
For more information, speak to one of our Senior Training Advisors on 1300 658 337.
Entry requirements – To enrol in this course, you must be 18 years of age at time of enrolment; and demonstrate during the enrolment process that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course as described in the Student Entry Criteria. Students are required to have a unique email address and a USI – unique student identifier. To succeed in this course, you should have an education level of year 10 (or equivalent) or Certificate III – if not, you will need to meet the requirements in the admissions checklist, experience in the human resources work environment and access to a workplace, be technologically literate with the ability to use word processing applications, have continuous internet access, be proficient in English – if English is not your first language, receive a satisfactory assessment in core LLN skills assessment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification. Read more on Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer or call 1300 658 337.
How to Enrol - Find out how to enrol and about our Student Entry Procedure.
Payment Options - Complete the enquiry form below or call 1300 658 337 to learn more about the following payment options and tuition fees.
- Pay upfront for the full cost of your qualification in one easy payment.
- Defer all or part of your tuition fees with flexible payment options through AIM's finance partner, zipMoney.
- Funding options may be available in your state, please contact us for more information.