“For somebody new to the industry that I’m in, the wealth of knowledge I gained from the AIM facilitators is invaluable.”
Units of Competency
These units of competency have been developed in consultation with industry experts along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to your role.
Core unit overview
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others - identify critical and creative thinking concepts and approaches, and their application to a workplace context, facilitate relevant learning opportunities for others, and monitor team skill development.
- BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans - prepare, implement and modify financial contingency plans, monitor expenditure and control costs, report on budget and expenditure, and review and make recommendations for improvements to financial processes.
- BSBOPS501 Manage business resources - consult with stakeholders and analyse information, plan for, acquire and allocate resources to maximise efficiency and manage risk, monitor resource use against budgets and business objectives, and report on the level of performance achieved and any adjustments needed to achieve service and product delivery standards.
- BSBUSS511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability - develop and implement sustainability policy and procedures into wider organisational policies and procedures, and consult and communicate with relevant stakeholders to generate engagement with sustainability policy development, implementation and continuous improvement.
- BSBXCM501 Lead communication in the workplace - develop and implement communication protocols in accordance with organisational requirements, present information in a persuasive and professional manner, apply negotiation techniques to reach desired outcomes, address communication challenges for continuous improvement.
Pre-selected elective unit overview
- BSBCRT512 Originate and develop concepts - generate potential innovative solutions to identified issues, evaluate viability of ideas, present ideas and information to others, and refine chosen solution in response to feedback.
- BSBCRT611 Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving - identify task objectives and risks involved with pursuing identified problem, research legislative frameworks, calculate resources required for solution development process, and present proposed solution to key stakeholders.
- BSBDAT501 Analyse data - analyse and report on datasets according to organisational policies and procedures and industry best practice, and develop report on key outcomes of analysis of datasets.
- BSBOPS504 Manage business risk - consult and communicate with stakeholders to identify and assess risks, develop and implement an action plan to treat risks, monitor and evaluate the action plan and risk management process, and maintain documentation.
- BSBOPS601 Develop and implement business plans - create a business plan, including description of the business, products and services, financial, physical and human resource requirements, regulatory requirements, marketing strategy, financial indicators, and productivity and performance targets for key result areas.
- BSBPMG430 Undertake project work - develop a project plan, implement, monitor, finalise and review the project and determine lessons learned.
- BSBSTR502 Facilitate continuous improvement - develop systems and processes to enable continuous improvement through effective coaching and knowledge management practices.
Learn without limits
The AIM Gold Card gives you two years of exclusive benefits.
This exclusive membership entitles you to consultations with our AIM Course Specialists. Develop a personalised study plan, identify opportunities to upskill, and maximise success beyond your degree.
As industry places greater emphasis on professional growth and micro-skilling, use the Gold Card to access all of AIM’s one-day and online short courses that will broaden your knowledge, develop skills specific to your career, and help you to evolve with the business world around you.
Utilise the collaborative workspaces at AIM Campuses located in major cities around Australia. Open yourself up to new ideas and fresh prospects as 20,000 likeminded AIM professionals come together each year to meet, study, and network.
Completion of the BSB50120 Diploma of Business provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge to pursue studies at a higher level. Courses of interest might include the BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management or the BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management.
You may also consider advancing your qualifications by pursuing a postgraduate pathway towards a full MBA. AIM offers the Graduate Certificate in Management, Graduate Diploma in Management and the Masters of Business Administration. Study is available in both online and face-to-face delivery modes.
For more information, speak to one of our Senior Training Advisors on 1300 658 337.
Entry requirements – To enrol in this course, you must be 18 years of age at time of enrolment; and demonstrate during the enrolment process that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course as described in the Student Entry Criteria. Students are required to have a unique email address and a USI – unique student identifier. To succeed in this course, you should have an education level of year 12 (or equivalent) or Certificate IV – if not, you will need to meet the requirements in the admissions checklist, experience in the business work environment and access to a workplace, be technologically literate with the ability to use word processing applications, have continuous internet access, be proficient in English – if English is not your first language, receive a satisfactory assessment in core LLN skills assessment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification. Read more on Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer or call 1300 658 337.
How to Enrol - Find out how to enrol and about our Student Entry Procedure.
Payment Options - Complete the enquiry form below or call 1300 658 337 to learn more about the following payment options and tuition fees.
- Pay upfront for the full cost of your qualification in one easy payment.
- Defer all or part of your tuition fees with flexible payment options through AIM's finance partner, zipMoney.
- Funding options may be available in your state, please contact us for more information.