“For somebody new to the industry that I’m in, the wealth of knowledge I gained from the AIM facilitators is invaluable.”
Units of Competency
These units of competency have been developed in consultation with industry experts along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to your role.
Core unit overview
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan - plan operational activities and outputs, acquire resources, monitor financial productivity and evaluate operational performance.
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness - enable teams to take ownership of their own performance, work cohesively and actively participate resolving team problems.
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships - establish consultation and communication processes to recognise and support diverse workplace relationships.
- BSBLDR511 Develop and use emotional intelligence - increase self-awareness, improve relationship management and promote emotional intelligence in the workplace.
Pre-selected elective unit overview
- BSBINN502 Build and sustain an innovative work environment - create and promote an environment that enables the generation and evaluation of ideas and the application of innovative practice.
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement - develop systems and processes to enable continuous improvement through effective coaching and knowledge management practices.
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work - develop a project plan, implement, monitor, finalise and review the project and determine lessons learned.
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance - develop work plans and performance indicators, monitor and assess team and individual performance, provide coaching and support, recognise excellence and ensure the achievement of performance standards.
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development - create systems and processes to manage workload, prioritise tasks and plan for ongoing professional development.
- BSBLED501 Develop a workplace learning environment - develop strategies to facilitate inclusive learning and ongoing development of teams.
- BSBLDR504 Implement diversity in the workplace - develop, implement and review diversity policy and procedures.
- BSBLDR513 Communicate with influence - present persuasively, negotiate effectively and lead productive meetings.
Completing the BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management gives you the opportunity to explore further qualification opportunities such as the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management. In addition, AIM also offers a Graduate Certificate in Management, Graduate Diploma in Management and the Masters of Business Administration.
For more information, speak to one of our Senior Training Advisors on 1300 658 337.
Entry requirements – To enrol in this course, you must be 18 years of age at time of enrolment; and demonstrate during the enrolment process that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course as described in the Student Entry Criteria. Students are required to have a unique email address and a USI – unique student identifier. To succeed in this course, you should have an education level of year 12 (or equivalent) or Certificate IV – if not, you will need to meet the requirements in the admissions checklist, experience in the leadership and management work environment and access to a workplace, be technologically literate with the ability to use word processing applications and the internet, be proficient in English – if English is not your first language, receive a satisfactory assessment in core LLN skills assessment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification. Read more on Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer or call 1300 658 337.
How to Enrol - Find out how to enrol and about our Student Entry Procedure.
Payment Options - Complete the enquiry form below or call 1300 658 337 to learn more about the following payment options and tuition fees.
- Pay upfront for the full cost of your qualification in one easy payment.
- Defer all or part of your tuition fees with flexible payment options through AIM's finance partner, zipMoney.
- Funding options may be available in your state, please contact us for more information.