Browse AIM’s full range of training courses, including information about the key learning outcomes you can expect.
You are here
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and ManagementQualificationCode:
BSB51915Duration:12 MonthsStructure:12 Units
With the latest theories and practical approaches to management, AIM’s BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management is a nationally recognised business qualification designed to help plan, execute and evaluate your own work and the work of your team. Exploring the critical capabilities that make an effective manager, this program is divided into three distinct sections that cover the management of business, performance and people.
Who should undertake this qualification?
The BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management is a widely focused course, especially suited to those wishing to upskill in a number of leadership and management areas. It is designed specifically for supervisors or middle managers that have responsibility for a team of people, as well as those who participate in operational planning and are involved in change management.
Possible career outcomes*
Potential career pathways for graduates of this qualification include roles such as a Business Manager, Human Resources Manager or Sales Team Manager. Previous graduates of this program have gone on to roles ranging from clerical and administrative roles to professional and management roles across a wide variety of industries including Public Administration and Safety, Health Care and Social Assistance as well as Education and Training.
*(As per data from the Australian Government Department of Education and Training as well as the National Centre for Vocational Education Research).
Units of Competency
These units of competency have been developed in consultation with industry experts along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to your role.
Core unit overview
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan - plan operational activities and outputs, acquire resources, monitor financial productivity and evaluate operational performance.
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness - enable teams to take ownership of their own performance, work cohesively and actively participate resolving team problems.
- BSBLDR501 Develop and use emotional intelligence - increase self-awareness, improve relationship management and promote emotional intelligence in the workplace.
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships - establish consultation and communication processes to recognise and support diverse workplace relationships.
Pre-selected elective unit overview
- BSBINN502 Build and sustain an innovative work environment - create and promote an environment that enables the generation and evaluation of ideas and the application of innovative practice.
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement - develop systems and processes to enable continuous improvement through effective coaching and knowledge management practices.
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work - develop a project plan, implement, monitor, finalise and review the project and determine lessons learned.
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance - develop work plans and performance indicators, monitor and assess team and individual performance, provide coaching and support, recognise excellence and ensure the achievement of performance standards.
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development - create systems and processes to manage workload, prioritise tasks and plan for ongoing professional development.
- BSBLED501 Develop a workplace learning environment - develop strategies to facilitate inclusive learning and ongoing development of teams.
- BSBLDR503 Communicate with influence - present persuasively, negotiate effectively and lead productive meetings.
- BSBLDR504 Implement diversity in the workplace - develop, implement and review diversity policy and procedures.
Assessments are completed in the student’s own time and may include practical exercises and evaluative tools.
To offer maximum flexibility for individuals and organisations, the BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management is available with the following study options:
Blended Delivery - On-Campus Workshops and Online Support – 9 days of on-campus workshops with additional self-paced study
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. A combination and integration of face to face and online learning where the student has the opportunity for a varied learning approach. The blended mode of delivery combines traditional face to face teaching methodologies with the addition of supplementary training in the digital environment. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network. Additional study and assessment takes place outside the 9 days of face-to-face workshops.
Online Delivery - Online Study and support through self-paced, online modules
Studying online has never been easier or more convenient than through AIM’s state-of-the-art virtual campus, myAIM. Via the portal myAIM, students gain access to online learning materials, recorded webinars for content and assessments, case studies, ebooks, learning tasks, videos, resources and practice questions, all working to guiding and training the learner to successfully complete the course requirements. You can take each step of your qualification at your own pace, connect with others in online forums, and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
If you have several people wanting to study the BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management, AIM can develop a program for your organisation including contextualising it to your own business or industry.
The course structure for each delivery mode may vary slightly, so please speak with a Senior Training Advisor on 1300 658 337.
Completing the BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management gives you the opportunity to explore further qualification opportunities such as the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management. In addition, AIM also offers a Graduate Certificate in Management, Graduate Diploma in Management and the Masters of Business Administration.
For more information, speak to one of our Senior Training Advisors on 1300 658 337.
Entry requirements – To enrol in this course, you must be 18 years of age at time of enrolment; and demonstrate during the enrolment process that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course as described in the Student Entry Criteria. Students are required to have a unique email address and a USI – unique student identifier. To succeed in this course, you should have an education level of year 12 (or equivalent) or Certificate IV – if not, you will need to meet the requirements in the admissions checklist, experience in the leadership and management work environment and access to a workplace, be technologically literate with the ability to use word processing applications and the internet, be proficient in English – if English is not your first language, receive a satisfactory assessment in core LLN skills assessment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification. Read more on Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer or call 1300 658 337.
How to Enrol - Find out how to enrol and about our Student Entry Procedure.
Payment Options - Complete the enquiry form below or call 1300 658 337 to learn more about the following payment options and tuition fees.
- Pay upfront for the full cost of your qualification in one easy payment.
- Defer all or part of your tuition fees with flexible payment options through AIM's finance partner, zipMoney.
- Funding options may be available in your state, please contact us for more information.
18 years +, education level minimum year 12 or Certificate IV, work experience and access to workplace, technologically literate, English proficiency.
Meet Joanna Aarnautovic a recent AIM graduate. Having undertaken a university degree, Joanna was looking to gain greater specialist skills to enable faster career progression and workplace relevant training. Through her AIM course Joanna obtained the practical skills she needed to progress in her role. AIM’s flexible study and personalised support ensured she felt confident in completing her studies. Here’s her story:
“AIM works for people who need to combine working life with study.”