“The facilitator brings the content to life with real life examples, keeping us involved and interested throughout the course.”
COVID Stimulus Fund
In order to support the development of Australia’s workforce long term, AIM has launched the COVID Stimulus Fund. The fund can be applied to retrain and re-skill people currently not employed and facing reduced hours across a wide variety of impacted industries and sectors.
Units of Competency
These units of competency have been developed by the world’s leading social media experts, all of whom feature on the Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers list, along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to your role.
Core unit overview
- SMMBCM501A Plan, implement and manage blog and content marketing – evaluate organisational need and develop appropriate blog and content marketing across a range of social media networks and digital marketing channels
- SMMBCM502A Plan, implement and manage mainstream social media marketing strategies – evaluate organisational need and develop appropriate marketing strategies to be implemented across various mainstream social media networks
- SMMBCM503A Plan, implement and manage niche social marketing strategies – evaluate organisational need and develop appropriate marketing strategies to be implemented across various niche social media networks
- SMMBCM504A Establish and build a strong personal brand on social media – identify and manage an individual’s personal brand, facilitating the development of an engaged, trusting, and receptive audience
- SMMBCM505A Plan, implement and manage email marketing – develop appropriate email marketing to achieve an organisation’s goals and foster ongoing relationships with its target audience
Pre-selected elective unit overview
- BSBMKG507 Interpret market trends and developments – conduct an analysis of market data in order to determine organisational and competitor business performance and to prepare market and business forecasts
- BSBMKG523 Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan – identify and evaluate the range of marketing communication options and media to design an integrated marketing communication plan, and to develop a marketing communication brief and creative brief reflecting client needs and preferences
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work – develop a project plan, implement, monitor, finalise, and review the project and determine lessons learned
Learn without limits
The AIM Gold Card gives you two years of exclusive benefits.
This exclusive membership entitles you to consultations with our AIM Coaches. Develop a personalised study plan, review your resume, or set up your LinkedIn profile to make the most of your qualification and maximise your success beyond your degree.
As industry places greater emphasis on professional growth and micro-skilling, use the Gold Card to access all of AIM’s one-day and online short courses that will broaden your knowledge, develop skills specific to your career, and help you to evolve with the business world around you.
Utilise the collaborative workspaces at AIM Campuses located in major cities around Australia. Open yourself up to new ideas and fresh prospects as 20,000 likeminded AIM professionals come together each year to meet, study, and network.
Completing the 10118NAT Diploma of Social Media Marketing gives you the opportunity to explore further qualification opportunities such as the BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management or the BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management.
In addition, AIM offers the Graduate Certificate in Management, Graduate Diploma in Management, and the Master of Business Administration. Study is available in both online and face-to-face delivery modes.
For more information, speak to one of our Senior Training Advisors on 1300 658 337.
Payment Options - Complete the enquiry form below or call 1300 658 337 to learn more about the following payment options and tuition fees.
- Pay upfront for the full cost of your qualification in one easy payment.
- Defer all or part of your tuition fees with flexible payment options through AIM's finance partner, zipMoney.
- Funding options may be available in your state, please contact us for more information.
To enrol in this course, you must be 18 years of age at time of enrolment; and demonstrate during the enrolment process that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course as described in the Student Entry Criteria. Students are required to have a unique email address and a USI – unique student identifier. To succeed in this course, you should have an education level of year 12 (or equivalent) or Certificate IV – if not, you will need to meet the requirements in the admissions checklist, experience in the social media marketing work environment and access to a workplace, be technologically literate with the ability to use word processing applications and the internet, be proficient in English – if English is not your first language, receive a satisfactory assessment in core LLN skills assessment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Recognition of skills and knowledge gained through previous studies, work, and life experiences may be used to award competency for Units of Competency within this qualification. Read more on Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer or call 1300 658 337.
How to Enrol
Click here for information about how to enrol and for our Student Entry Procedure.
In Partnership with Social Media College
Social Media College (SMC) is where the world goes to study social media. Since 2014, SMC has delivered a wide variety of market-leading short courses, including face-to-face workshops and online self-paced options as well as the Diploma of Social Media Marketing, the first nationally recognised qualification governed by the Australian Government’s ASQA. All are designed in close collaboration with globally renowned social media experts.